Could anyone verify this?

Hmm and I figured passing English class would have had a correlation with your ability to book bands into supporting gigs (unless he's talking about the Milwaukee Metalfest gig). Damnit... all those wasted years!

I can't confirm it. It's the first I've heard of it, and I'm almost sure it's the first anybody else here would have heard of it. Only folks that can verify that is Anna or the band methinks.

It sounds a bit unlikely to me, though.

Moonlapse said:
Hmm and I figured passing English class would have had a correlation with your ability to book bands into supporting gigs (unless he's talking about the Milwaukee Metalfest gig). Damnit... all those wasted years!

I can't confirm it. It's the first I've heard of it, and I'm almost sure it's the first anybody else here would have heard of it. Only folks that can verify that is Anna or the band methinks.

It sounds a bit unlikely to me, though.

Hahahahaha.

Too true.

dill_the_devil said:
Billy Milano just claimed on his forum here at UM that he was responsible for getting Opeth their first show in the US

I guess he's now expecting a gold star for it? With a bit of cream and a cherry on top?

Yay billy!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the BWP album was done before their first US gig (I'm just speculating here, I can't recall that far back).

If he was thanked in the booklet though that suggests he probably did do a few favors for the band.

Moonlapse said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the BWP album was done before their first US gig (I'm just speculating here, I can't recall that far back).

If he was thanked in the booklet though that suggests he probably did do a few favors for the band.

i think they played milwakee fest in '99? which would make it before BWP.. that would kinda fit the proximity before their "first US appearance" and the release of BWP. Also around the same time SOD was briefly resurrected with "Bigger than the Devil"