Countdown to the Election

No-one has yet answered the why? The 'why' has been noticibaly lacking from this discussion from the start.

"Which is more disgusting and why?"
Neither was mentioned to be more disgusting than the other, hence negating the latter part of the question.

I love this obsession with syntax. :lol:

Perhaps I may then be permitted to enquire of those who find both images equally disgusting; simply why?

It wasn't a matter of syntax so much as being completely underwhelmed by the monotonous and often infinitely recursive question 'why'.

Why do I find both images equally disgusting? Because contrary to the attitude seemingly popular amongst most males, I don't consider two women going at it to be any less repulsive than two guys going at it. Why? Because at the end of the day it's still homosexuality and it's something which happens to turn my stomach. Why? It just does. I can rationalise it to a certain extent but I can't be bothered explaining because aside from the fact that it likely lead into another lengthy argument about rights and morality which I have no interest in exhuming, at the end of the day it's not something I should even have to rationalise any more than you should have to rationalise disgust at seeing something like Dame Edna going down on George Bush.

I'm happy with Ferretallica's answer there. Ravendarks' not so much but we'll assume it's the same as Ferrets.

It's the *why* that's interesting, Ferret. If it it was just the *what* the only "discussion" would be:

A - I like John Howard.
B - I like Rudd.
A - Ummm. I like Power Metal
B - I like underground Norwegian Black Death Metal.
A - Ummm...Wanna go get pizza?

I'm happy with Ferretallica's answer there. Ravendarks' not so much but we'll assume it's the same as Ferrets.

It's the *why* that's interesting, Ferret. If it it was just the *what* the only "discussion" would be:

A - I like John Howard.
B - I like Rudd.
A - Ummm. I like Power Metal
B - I like underground Norwegian Black Death Metal.
A - Ummm...Wanna go get pizza?

It's the *why* that's interesting, Ferret.

Well those that have already dubbed me 'ignorant bigot' will still do so but I feel inclined to elaborate to some extent anyway.

I'm not saying all gays should be shot or locked in cages or whatever might be assumed from the bluntness of my previous comments combined with a predisposition that anyone who isn't totally embracing of alternate sexualities is a 'bigot'. The closest comparison I can think of is thus... Think of your parents having sex. No really, close your eyes and think about it. It's not "wrong", they're more than welcome to do it, but it's still pretty fucking disgusting for you to have to see, yeah? Doesn't mean you're any more 'narrow minded' for finding the visuals repulsive, but the less exposure you have to that kind of thing the happier you'll be by a large margin.

To a large extent people can do what they will - and they will. Doesn't mean everyone has to like it.