What do you think of Cradle?

• Cradle SUCK

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cradle RULE

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • They should die....

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
I think Cradle of Filth are a very entertaining band. Dani's vocals are great! Whether you want to call them black metal or not (not an argument I want to get into) I think they're a great band. I do find I come and go with Cradle Of Filth, sometimes I don't listen to them for months and then I find their albums stuck in my CD player for weeks, and then they get shelved again. But I always come back to them. So I voted for "They rule!"

Ugh, Cradle=bad.

Back with Vempire, and Dusk, Cradle had this obscene notion in their head that they could actually play their instruments (hehehe, I'm laughing like crazy), and so they write all this complex crap (not too complex, that gives you an idea of how bad their musicanship is), and it sounds like shit. This culminated with the so-called classic, "Cruelty And the Beast", which was so gut-wrenchingly bad, marred by both horrible production, and some of the sloppiest guitar playing ever recorded, that Cradle eventually became able to realize, collectively "Hey, we SUCK!" So Midian arrived, a tolerable CD at best, and then Bitter Suites, which was more or less the same.

I burned all their CD's on advice from a friend. I threw out all of them but Midian. I can't believe I wasted 6 CDR's on that crap.

Originally posted by Iceheart
@ffanatic: Congratulations! Your comment is the most stupid one we've heard in this thread so far... :Smokedev:

Why? Because I don't like Cradle? Go back and listen to "Cruelty..." and tell me (with a straight face, mind you) it was a well-produced album with clean guitar tracks. God, that disc is, at best, a sad joke.

The saddest part about Cradle of Filth, even above the terrible production the got their earlier albums, terrible musicianship that plague all of their albums, the stale-song formula, the overrabundance of keyboards, and the fact that Dani is even in the band in the first place, is the fact that there are a ton of niche-seeking, counter-culture teens running around with this notion that Cradle is the end of the line as far as extreme music goes. Any veteran metalhead will tell you that there is shit out there that make Cradle sound like Barry Manilow. But whatever, I've bitched about Cradle enough for one day.

Originally posted by ffanatic
Why? Because I don't like Cradle?

Of course NOT because you don't like Cradle...In fact I don't like 'em that much either...but because you were/are overexaggerating as crazy...It's all a question how you define "musicianship". Maybe their abillities on their instruments were/are not that good but their songwriting is/was quite interesting and far away from being unpretentious. And what's really special about COF is the atmosphere created on every album...
Furthermore the production of the older albums is not that bad...(except "The principle..." )...
And don't come bothering me with shit like "Any veteran metalhead will tell you blablabla...". That's really unimportant for the discussion about the MUSIC COF make...and sounds suspiciously like the old "This band is not true"-thingie...

Anyways, at least everything is a matter of taste and flamewars 'bout taste are senseless...besides that I just realized that I don't know why I defend this crappy band... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Iceheart
I know, I know...a pity, isn't it? :rolleyes: ....but at least YOU could try...and you could start off with saying something interesting, heh! :p

i don't have to. ffanatic was right on the money. cradle has never been particularly original. i'm not particularly a fan of black metal, but certainly damn near every sound to come out of norway blows cradle out of the water.

are their lyrics good? certainly. but dani can't even screech well, and the instrument players are sloppy and unimaginative. their songs are simple chugga-chugga riffs or bad thrashy riffs, they never stray into any striking or new territory.

and their production did suck, until they signed to sony, for god's sake.