creation

TheBigJones47

giant slab of flesh
Nov 19, 2002
B/CS, Texas, U.S.A.
Visit site
For a while now I've been going at these religious threads, and I wanted to start one from the very beginning, by looking at how absurd the theory of evolution is, just from one small fact.

A main tenant of common evolutionist theory is the principle of "uniformitarianism", by which physical, geological, chemical, biological, etc. forces act, and have acted, in a uniform manner. By this theory, the sun has been observed to be shrinking at a rate of 0.1% every 100 years - observed over the last 400 years, and using scientific data to estimate before that. Following this in reverse, when man's "ancestors" would have begun evolving into modern man, approx. 20 million years ago (I believe is the most common time), the earth would have been several hundred kilometers inside the sun.

Aside from the 958,000 other reasons evolution makes zero sense, I think this is pretty telling. And now I will begin to perform amazing feats of agility as I dodge the insults and scientific "facts" hurled in my direction.

Well, the theory of evolution DOES NOT prove creationism wrong in any way, so, in a way, hes got a point (if he was trying to say this). If not, then your post was a waste of time, and mine is the greatest ever on this board. :D

TheBigJones47 said:
For a while now I've been going at these religious threads, and I wanted to start one from the very beginning, by looking at how absurd the theory of evolution is, just from one small fact.

A main tenant of common evolutionist theory is the principle of "uniformitarianism", by which physical, geological, chemical, biological, etc. forces act, and have acted, in a uniform manner. By this theory, the sun has been observed to be shrinking at a rate of 0.1% every 100 years - observed over the last 400 years, and using scientific data to estimate before that. Following this in reverse, when man's "ancestors" would have begun evolving into modern man, approx. 20 million years ago (I believe is the most common time), the earth would have been several hundred kilometers inside the sun.

Aside from the 958,000 other reasons evolution makes zero sense, I think this is pretty telling. And now I will begin to perform amazing feats of agility as I dodge the insults and scientific "facts" hurled in my direction.
Hang on, so you're disproving evolution by saying observations from the past 400 years don't apply to 20 million years ago? Geez.

Here's your mistake:
by which physical, geological, chemical, biological, etc. forces act, and have acted, in a uniform manner. By this theory, the sun has been observed to be shrinking at a rate of 0.1% every 100 years
You are confusing forces with the result of forces. There is absolutely no claim that this 'shrinking' will stay constant, 'shrinking' is not a force, its a result of forces. If you push a car with the same force the same thing wont always happen.... like if eventually you push it over a cliff as opposed to up a hill, the force hasnt changed but the result has. And evolution does not even imply forces will be constant, it says that the way in which forces act is always the same.... very very different things.

It's like you're saying that evolution claims that once something exhibits some behaviour then it will always exhibit this behaviour. This is obviously extremely wrong, and laughable.

Reactions: IanDork107
TheBigJones47 said:

sun shrinking at .1% every 100 years seems ridiculously fast for something of that size. i dont know where you get your facts (from a christian site no doubt) but why don't you look at the physics.

hmm, I am not in the mood to tell you why your logic is wrong right now, and YaYo did a great job of that anyways.

What I do want to ask is how the fuck did you do your calculations here? You are completely wrong in your calculated result. How about I show you how to really calculate what you just tried to do. Interestingly enough, the actual result works better in your favor but just look back at YaYo's statement if you need to it still applies.

Alright, it is shrinking at a rate of 0.1 percent every 100 years as you said. So what this means is that every 100 years we go back in time it grows by a factor of 0.1 percent, which means we multiply its current radius by 1.001 every 100 years. Doing this at a constant rate for 20 million years gives us.

1.001^(20 million years/100 years)=1.001^(200000) = 6.5 x 10^86

So if you don't understand scientific notation this means 65 followed by 85 zeroes. A fucking incredibly large number. This is the growth factor for your Sun for a 20 million year period. Now multiplying this by the current radius of our Sun 700000 Kilometers will give us a Sun that is of radius
4.55 x 10^92 kilometers
Now if you don't know this is an extremely large number, considering the radius of the Milky Way is about
1.22 x 10^10 kilometers
an extremely small number in comparison.
Therefore a few million years ago, the sun was contracting much faster than the speed of light. That is an interesting development :zombie:.

Oh and now I expect a reply by you saying, "I don't think you understood what I was saying." Well I do understand what you are saying, and it was an odd but interesting argument I'll will give you credit for that. Yet in the end YaYo already destroyed it fairly well. Also where did you get this from anyways, give me your source.

someone explain to me what "rationality" is... lots of people here seem to be siding with the atheistic points of view, when in fact, it is as silly as the theistic points of view. a lot of you THINK that what you "know" to be true (goes for everyone who has posted before me :p) is actually the truth.
face it - you are all ignorant, and i don't mind being grouped with you bastards. :D