creation

Creationism, and theism in general, is 100% speculation and faith in "facts" completely unsubstantiated by any form of evidence whatever. At least atheists are willing to accept that their already backed up ideas may in fact be untrue if they're shown otherwise.

Darwin believed in creationism. There is nothing saying that creationism is not true. There is no evidence stating that "evolution" is true (in regards to evolving from single cell lifeforms, dont give me that shit that just because there are different species, that it is logically correct that we came from fishes :p ).

Speedkill said:
And I have a question. Don't stars expand to a point, then begin shrinking? [/possibly stupid question]

Stars start out as a large gas cloud, they begin to contract and when they contract to a certain point they build up a high enough pressure, density, temperature at the center to start nuclear fusion. After this point they still contract, just at a slower rate because the energy output and pressure is pushing out, until they reach thermodynamic equilibrium. This just means that the gravity, which was causing this contraction is counterbalanced by the gas/radiation pressure preventing further contraction.

Now in actuallity when it reaches thermodynamic equilibrium it doesn't completely stop its contraction, it more just kind of oscillates back and forth around this stability radius. This is because it will slightly contract after it reaches this stable radius, and increasing its gravitational potential, or the force causing it to contract, but it will even more so increase the gas pressure which will make it begin to expand again. Once it expands a bit the gas pressure drops a little and it begins to contract again. Repeat this for the life time of the Sun and you have something that can stay roughly the same size, just by oscillating around a stable point, for billions of years.

Therefore just because it is contracting now just means we are measuring it during one of its contractions periods I believe, not that it has always been contracting.

KielbasaSausage said:
Darwin believed in creationism. There is nothing saying that creationism is not true. There is no evidence stating that "evolution" is true (in regards to evolving from single cell lifeforms, dont give me that shit that just because there are different species, that it is logically correct that we came from fishes :p ).
you dumbass we just didnt pop out from a fish in 2 days. there's overwhelming fossil evidence to support the evolution theory.

take an anthropology class.

Shadowthrone said:
Stars start out as a large gas cloud, they begin to contract and when they contract to a certain point they build up a high enough pressure, density, temperature at the center to start nuclear fusion. After this point they still contract, just at a slower rate because the energy output and pressure is pushing out, until they reach thermodynamic equilibrium. This just means that the gravity, which was causing this contraction is counterbalanced by the gas/radiation pressure preventing further contraction.

Now in actuallity when it reaches thermodynamic equilibrium it doesn't completely stop its contraction, it more just kind of oscillates back and forth around this stability radius. This is because it will slightly contract after it reaches this stable radius, and increasing its gravitational potential, or the force causing it to contract, but it will even more so increase the gas pressure which will make it begin to expand again. Once it expands a bit the gas pressure drops a little and it begins to contract again. Repeat this for the life time of the Sun and you have something that can stay roughly the same size, just by oscillating around a stable point, for billions of years.

Therefore just because it is contracting now just means we are measuring it during one of its contractions periods I believe, not that it has always been contracting.
yea well i bet you dont know the major source of earth's core heating source.

In regards to science: the observed causes and effects are all in the world of perception and no sequences of sense-data can possibly justify going outside that world. Scientific laws, properly formulated, never "explain" anything. They simply state what happens; Science will never explain why anything happens. Nothing exists except sensations (and the minds which perceive them). The rest is really mental construction or fiction - and I am talking about both religion and science. But of course, why listen to a guy with a dancing penis avatar? :D

KielbasaSausage said:
In regards to science: the observed causes and effects are all in the world of perception and no sequences of sense-data can possibly justify going outside that world. Scientific laws, properly formulated, never "explain" anything. They simply state what happens; Science will never explain why anything happens. Nothing exists except sensations (and the minds which perceive them). The rest is really mental construction or fiction - and I am talking about both religion and science. But of course, why listen to a guy with a dancing penis avatar? :D
water freezes.

what happens: water freezes when cold

explanation: molecules slow down when cold thus creating ice

what do you mean science doesnt explain anything.

Stygian_Apothegm said:
you dumbass we just didnt pop out from a fish in 2 days. there's overwhelming fossil evidence to support the evolution theory.

take an anthropology class.

Im sure youve never taken an anthropology class, because you would realize how ignorant you are if you had studied anything about that subject.