Crimson II sample (EoS)

It sounds great. The riffing is kind of catchy. Dan's growl is better than usual, too. It sounds a little less bleak and evil than the first, but you can go a lot of places in 40 minutes.

You know, I never listened to Crimson that much. Maybe 5 or 6 times total. I love it, but I don't know.

Wow! This sounds awesome, kinda like Moontower with Angela Gossow on high vox, and Dan doing the low stuff and the awesoem ckean vox. I can't wait for this, hopefully it'll be somewhere near the greatness of Crimson.

PS, I think it's cool they took the intro riff from Crimson and reworked it(1:07). Kind of a cool idea, I hope they take some more theme/variation ideas throughout the album.

listening now...

Sounds alright, i wasnt very interested in the first crimson, this sample seems about the same. Good quality stuff, but nothing that wows me or really pulls at my emotions.

actually, listening again. That second half is pretty cool. From about 1:30... more of that and i could quite like Crimson 2.

EOSforinfoBMwebpage.jpg

maximilian said:
I downloaded Sculpted In Stone, I think it's good. Much easier to get into than Crimson I think...sounds very promising !

Scultped in Stone is by Dies Irae. The promo release by AMRC was fake. They actually released the 'Naive' album by Dies Irae. (2001).
Crimson II hasn't leaked whatsoever. Crimson II is one long song (43), it's just indexed in 8 parts at the request of the record label.

Proof: http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/diir.htm

9 parts actually....

Dan Swanö said:
This really woke me up!!
There's noone is this world that has a copy of the version with vocals and leadguitars, except me...
and the reason there are 9 parts is because Black Mark more of less forces me to have that.
These parts are fiction and have no meaning musically. Crimson II is one track..one fantastic 43:00 piece...
if I can say so myself!! I will put index codes wherever I feel that a new part begins, meaning, it could be all 99 codes!!
It's a payback to all those poor people that had to skip to 34:27 on the Crimson 1!!!!!!!!!
Dan

Hmmm... it's decent. The keyboards are terrible, just like they were in Moontower. The more I listen to it, the less I like it. Hopefully the rest of the album will be better, but Swano hasn't released anything awesome in so many years that I have long since given up hope for his music.

Luminous, you're one pessimistic motherfucker.
Terrible keyboards in Moontower? Man, you need to get your head checked! Do you ever have anything good to say?
jeeezzz

Steingrim said:
Luminous, you're one pessimistic motherfucker.
Terrible keyboards in Moontower? Man, you need to get your head checked! Do you ever have anything good to say?
jeeezzz

I agree. How anybody can say the keyboards on Moontower were horrible is beyond my comprehension. They're one of my favorite parts. To each his own, I guess. Personally, I am of the opinion that Dan makes some of the best, most innovative music in metal. Nightingale is one of my all-time favorites and I've yet to hear anything that I enjoyed more than Moontower.

Yeah, Moontower was a masterpiece!!
We all have to go to the Dan Swanö forum and beg for a Moontower II album!
He did afterall a Crimson II album! :)

Oh come on, the keyboards in Moontower are horrible! They sound like some happy happy 70s bullshit which makes that otherwise pedestrian album into a complete failure. And don't get me started on Nightingale, that shit is goddamn pukeworthy.