Crowd Comparison

When I saw Anthrax about 6-8 months before WCFYA came out, Bush stood on the stage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ and asked the crowd "are you ready for a guitar driven rock album?" I looked at my friend and said "really, a guitar driven album from a thrash band? No John, I don't want guitars from Anthrax. Why the hell would I want guitars? I want a fuckin' glockenspiel driven album you insipid ass."

His stage persona went downhill from there the next time I saw them, this time headlining for the album with Lacuna Coil opening (this was at Crocodile Rocks in Allentown, PA). Lacuna Coil did a great set. They were a band on the rise and people were pumped for them. After they were done, half the crowd filed out. Anthrax came out and they all looked completely shocked to see the place more than half empty. John Bush, lord and savior, took the time to rip apart Lacuna Coil and the people who like them. After that I decided to never support Anthrax as long as that piece of shit was the frontman. You don't rip apart your opening act, especially when they're on the way up and you're barely treading water (ask Scott how well they were surviving during Bush's tenure).

Yes, I bought those albums and went to those shows but I've never heard an Anthrax crowd louder than when Joey was the singer. The Starland Ballroom show that was taped for "Alive 2", the chants for Joey were deafening. The funniest part of it was the pissed off look on Scott's face. I don't know if THAT'S on the video (since I never bought the dvd, just the CD) but everyone around me at the show noticed it. I guess he never had to worry about John Bush stealing the spotlight.

When Anthrax played at Jaxx in Springfield(a small club/bar) with Bush. The place was packed to the rafters. Same year, Belladonna played there solo and there were like 30 people there if you include the bar employees, band and crew.

Because that's a fair comparison, the name "Anthrax" on the marquee vs "Joey Belladonna" on the marquee. Joey's put out what, 2 solo albums since "Persistence of Time"? Each of those guys individually couldn't fill my living room. It's the name "Anthrax" that sells tickets.

When I saw Anthrax about 6-8 months before WCFYA came out, Bush stood on the stage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ and asked the crowd "are you ready for a guitar driven rock album?" I looked at my friend and said "really, a guitar driven album from a thrash band? No John, I don't want guitars from Anthrax. Why the hell would I want guitars? I want a fuckin' glockenspiel driven album you insipid ass."

That show was in January of 2002, more than 15 months "before WCFYA came out". Since you so perfectly remember what was happening to you nine fucking years ago, you should also be precise with the line, "you insipid ass".
Plus, who the fuck would wanna go to Old Bridge, NJ and for what? To get bitten by a snake in those contaminated woods?

When I saw Anthrax about 6-8 months before WCFYA came out, Bush stood on the stage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ and asked the crowd "are you ready for a guitar driven rock album?"

I saw them pretty much at the same time (October 2002) in Munich, Germany, and they (especially Scott) were all metal, metal, metal when ranting about the upcoming album...

... don't even for a minute think that Most old school Anthrax fans would prefer the Bush era it just isn't true.

Well of course old school Anthrax fans prefer Joey...
Isn't that like saying most fans of the original Star Trek Series prefer Kirk over Picard?

I saw them pretty much at the same time (October 2002) in Munich, Germany, and they (especially Scott) were all metal, metal, metal when ranting about the upcoming album...

It's a lot different in other Countries than the USA. A lot of European Countries still fill up stadiums to watch awful bands like Limp Bizkit. Limp Bizkit can't give away tickets in the USA but can sell out a huge arena in Russia or Germany. But thats just how it seems to be. It's too bad Anthrax's native Country only put 100-300 people into the clubs to see Bushthrax during the Volume 8 tour. Thats just how it is here. Metal fans in general in the USA are very picky and won't put up with garbage like Bushthrax's stomp and volume 8 albums.

It's a lot different in other Countries than the USA. A lot of European Countries still fill up stadiums to watch awful bands like Limp Bizkit. Limp Bizkit can't give away tickets in the USA but can sell out a huge arena in Russia or Germany. But thats just how it seems to be. It's too bad Anthrax's native Country only put 100-300 people into the clubs to see Bushthrax during the Volume 8 tour. Thats just how it is here. Metal fans in general in the USA are very picky and won't put up with garbage like Bushthrax's stomp and volume 8 albums.

I agree that Anthrax in Bush era was way more popular in Europe than in the U.S.

Erm...right. Well, so all the the awful metal and rock bands on the billboard charts are only there by mistake? Indeed, your beloved post-puppets Metallica seem to be doing rather well over there.

I don't know if I am different than most, but the only reason I don't go to concerts anymore (here in the US) is that Ticketmaster (who has pretty much a monopoly on concert ticket sales) adds all kinds of surcharges to their sales. "Facility charge", "convenience charge", "additional taxes", "order processing charge", and the list goes on. It isn't inconceivable that what would normally be a $15 concert ticket could end up costing you over $30! It's a little embarrassing, but I just don't have that kind of cash to throw around. I can't imagine I am alone on that though. Some fans would sell a kidney to see Anthrax; I just don't happen to be one of them. It is hard enough coming up with the rent with Osama...err...Obama running the country.

I don't know if I am different than most, but the only reason I don't go to concerts anymore (here in the US) is that Ticketmaster (who has pretty much a monopoly on concert ticket sales) adds all kinds of surcharges to their sales. "Facility charge", "convenience charge", "additional taxes", "order processing charge", and the list goes on. It isn't inconceivable that what would normally be a $15 concert ticket could end up costing you over $30! It's a little embarrassing, but I just don't have that kind of cash to throw around. I can't imagine I am alone on that though. Some fans would sell a kidney to see Anthrax; I just don't happen to be one of them. It is hard enough coming up with the rent with Osama...err...Obama running the country.

It's WE the people who run the country. Obama is just the president we elected to lead us. I've never seen ticketmaster surcharges rise that high to the point where the ticket is doubled. Also, you can skip those surcharges by simply buying directly from the venue.

Deliberately/Accidently typing Osama and then correcting it without deleting it in order to make some cryptic point goes to show how uneducated we are in this country.

It's WE the people who run the country. Obama is just the president we elected to lead us. I've never seen ticketmaster surcharges rise that high to the point where the ticket is doubled. Also, you can skip those surcharges by simply buying directly from the venue.

Deliberately/Accidently typing Osama and then correcting it without deleting it in order to make some cryptic point goes to show how uneducated we are in this country.

Which means you still have to actually drive there, not everybody can just drive to a concert venue.

Plus then they STILL have convenience fees at the box office

Which means you still have to actually drive there, not everybody can just drive to a concert venue.

Plus then they STILL have convenience fees at the box office

EBAY or Craigslist... wait until about a week before the gig. No charges, no anything and usually cheaper than facevalue

IF the show doesn't sell out buy tickets at the box office before the show.

But yes ticketmaster / live nation is the devil for sure!

they played in a full Roxy club in Prague (1000-1500 people) on the Volume 8 tour...

Every night.... well every week in the USA there is some sort of metal concert in most larger cities. I am sure if I lived somewhere that didn't have all that many tours coming through even I would go spend money to see Bushthrax, you gotta kind of take what you can get. There are some people in some Countries that would go see Limp Bizkit live. Well lots of them.. that's enough to prove how desperate people are to go see a live concert in some Countries.

I bet if Limp Bizkit played in Prague it would be sold out. Here in the usa there would be nobody there. Just different here I guess.