Cubase 6

Interested in this... Does anyone know if it's possible to get Pro Tools style overlap behavior in Cubase? Like, drag one region over top of another one and the one underneath doesn't play? Or do you have to manually do "bring to front/send to back" for overlapping items like in Studio One?

Interested in this... Does anyone know if it's possible to get Pro Tools style overlap behavior in Cubase? Like, drag one region over top of another one and the one underneath doesn't play? Or do you have to manually do "bring to front/send to back" for overlapping items like in Studio One?

There's a menu option to allow for that. I forget what it's called off the top of my head, but it should be along the lines of 'Delete overlapping regions'.

Wow. So they're finally bringing out those highly requested features. Had to be done to quash the impact pt native would have on cubase sales. Looking forward to seeing just how 'state of the art' the transient detection and drum editing features actually are.

Also, whats the bet 'lane tracks' are basicallly the same as pt's 'playlists'.

Yeah I was gonna say all those things seem like things that were killing me in Cubase.

Pretty stoked for this, but... Triplet grid!? Please, for fucks sake.

No shit. When I got cubase, I called the guy who sold me on it and asked him "hey dude, where the fuck is the option for triplet grid?" ... "oh man there isn't one"..... "wait...what? you're kidding right?" .... awkward silence.

Some dude on GS seems adamant Cubase 6 will have triplet grid.

Admittedly it would look rather embarrassing for Steiny to have 'New Triplet Display Grid' on a 2011 press release, so I can understand why they'd sneak it in there and then never talk about it again.

There's a menu option to allow for that. I forget what it's called off the top of my head, but it should be along the lines of 'Delete overlapping regions'.

advanced, delete overlaps. dont work flawlessly tho'. it screws up if there are too many overlaps

Fuck it, I gotta get in on this. After working with Reaper for like 8 months I'm really starting to miss the cue. Plus the studio that I use sometimes has Cubase 4, and it's always a breeze to sit down with it.

i wanted to say that not being able to zoom using the mouse sucks, not cubase zooming in general!^^

cubase 5 is the fastest, most efficient DAW in all the land. cubase 6 sounds like it's gonna be even more efficient.

pro tools 9 is slow tools 9