Cubase crashing a large project

iHate

Mar 31, 2009
I spent all day tracking and editing vocals yesterday, and now Cubase 5 crashes every time I open the project now. I was able to keep it open for about 1 minute for the first 4 crashes. But now I can't even keep it open long enough to bounce my tracks. There's not a lot of cpu usage, maybe 30%, but there is lots of disk usage, probably 30 vocal tracks and 10 instrument tracks. Wat can do?

i know im just screwed, i really made this thread to say fuck u cubase, fuck u.

But really, is there anything I can do besides re-editing all my vocals? (yes i have a backup project, but theres a lot of edits and it would probably crash once i edit that far again) :erk:

I had exactly the same issue, after some searching I found this RAM fix for it, search about and you will find how to change it to 3gb or something, I couldn't use Cubase hardly before I did fix it just crapped out on me after 2 minutes.

My pc only has 2gb of RAM lol... Thanks for the tip though.

There is 800mb of audio files. 400mb of edit files, which are just my bounced guitar tracks. I get in and disable all plug-ins, but no dice. It must be a disk/RAM issue, but in the case of not enough RAM or hard drive error. Or maybe the project is just corrupt. I've never had this problem before; using cubase 5 since last fall. Just my luck I suppose.

Yeah its something along those lines. Damn, yeah I think the "fix" only works if you have 4GB of RAM because its the people who have 4 or more who generally experience this problem if my memory serves me correctly.

Good luck finding the solution though! :headbang:

I opened my backup project with no vocal edits. Even it crashes after about 1 minute. NO! Makes me want to quit recording! JK

I can see the disk usage meter in cubase spike, then the dreaded cubase crashed window pops up. It's laughable at this point, all I can say is fuck it.