Cubase 7 Crashing makes me want to jump off a bridge

derekmoffat

608 STUDIOS
Dec 4, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
www.myspace.com
Anyone else having problems with Cubase 7 crashing while loading certain projects? I've tried the trick of loading a new project, then loading the project I need, not activating it, and then exiting out of the new project. Sometimes it works with certain projects, but some projects of mine just don't work anymore. In the past I've had to delete some tracks while the project is inactivated to get around it. It's not a plugin or VSTi issue. It will even crash loading a blank audio track, so I delete it, try again, and it crashes on the track that was next to it.

Why am I having these issues? I've had them for the past 8 months since I installed it but really can't afford to have this shit going on anymore. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit

Same here... :( tried to open some old projects i did last year and cubase crashes. They were made with Cubase 7 (Win 7 64bit). The only working way is to open them in Cubase 6. But that is a really bad compromise. Did you contact the Steinberg support?

7.5.1 64bit on W7 64bit working fine here.
Only thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to like 32 bit plugins and Jbridge isn't stable enough. I removed the path to 32 bit plugins and I can open old projects witout a problem (except missing plugins when there is no 64 bit version installed).
Didn't like the interface at first but I got used to it and there are many features that considerably improved my workflow.

I'm on 7.5.1 64bit too (W7 64bit). Only had crashes when I use excessive amount of 32bit plugins (JBridge), Cubase's own bridge crashed every time when using them.

PS. Am I the only one who likes the GUI of Cubase 7? :lol:

Had that happening with 7.5. Especially when loading the reverence reverb, always crashed. Also had the most annoying thing happening - each time I was starting to save too often (as I do sometimes start to press ctr-s 60 times per minute :D) it was freezing. Yesterday applied the latest update from Steinberg's site and all these issues are gone. Happy customer here now :)

I will not repeat myself here, but there is an ultimate solution to all your Cubase crashing problems which i took a good few years ago.

btw. About that bridge thing...
h1BB03F11

Had that happening with 7.5. Especially when loading the reverence reverb, always crashed. Also had the most annoying thing happening - each time I was starting to save too often (as I do sometimes start to press ctr-s 60 times per minute :D) it was freezing. Yesterday applied the latest update from Steinberg's site and all these issues are gone. Happy customer here now :)

I use two reverb plugins and one of them is the REVerence, it never crashes my projects. :lol:

I'm pretty sure most issues come from 32 to 64 bit transition.

Beside I'm not one to sing praise for any given software/hardware for no reason, especially not coming from Steinberg but fact is I like Cubase MORE since I updated to 7.xx.

I don't suppose you don't know there's an autosave feature...?