Cubcase vs. Pro Tools

Cyco

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2005
Dan, or somebody else could you tell me the difference between using cubcase vs. using pro tools. I will be taking a class to be pro tools certified and just wanted to know if there is a difference between them or not. And if one is better or easier to use then the other.

The main difference is that Pro Tools doesn´t work on every hardware. You´d probably need to buy stuff that is compatible with PT.

I think Cubase is pretty decent, but in the end it´s all up to your personal preferences.

Never used Pro Tools but I think that Cubase is a little easier to handle.

Yeah Cubase is much easier to use, but I think that Pro-Tools will allow you to take your recording farther.

not that I record things that much, having a crappy sound card it's not really worth having any of the two programs installed.I use Adobe audition 1.5(cool edit pro) it's really simple but also very amateur.well,I had my share of cubase and PT.quite frankly i got a headache when i tried to work them out.
after I read the cubase manual things became pretty simple, but I can't say the same about pro tools, It was rather complicated maybe it's better than cubase I don't know but all I know is there's nothing I looked for that was not found in cubase so I would go with that.

I use Adobe Audition 1.5 because I thought Cubase sucked, as well as the other things I've tried. Never figured out how to download ProTools illegally though. I wouldn't dare pay hundreds of dollars for something that should be 49.99 or so. -_- I'm sure more work went into making a video game than a music program..

I know for certain(from the opeth DVD),Steven Willson uses a program that's called Logic.
If Willson uses it, it must be good...but as far as I remember it requires a Mac.
and besides My very musically professional buddies say that a Mac is the ultimate machine for music processing and mixing. I tend to trust them as most of the studios I know in Israel use Macs.

Oinkness said:
I use Adobe Audition 1.5 because I thought Cubase sucked, as well as the other things I've tried. Never figured out how to download ProTools illegally though. I wouldn't dare pay hundreds of dollars for something that should be 49.99 or so. -_- I'm sure more work went into making a video game than a music program..
It's hard to make a pirated version for Pro-Tools because you need physical hardware to accompany it. Cubase is more than fine in my opinion.

Oinkness said:
I wouldn't dare pay hundreds of dollars for something that should be 49.99 or so. -_- I'm sure more work went into making a video game than a music program..
Well, the difference is that the game can be sold in millions of copies to finance the development, while a music program will be sold in a significantly less number of copies, so they need to charge more money per copy to be able to get their money back.