Current addictions

Enough already. Your tastes are way similar to mine! Amazing album, I really dig the 3rd track.
That and the 2nd track ("The Sun's Architect") are absolutely incredibly amazingly BEYOND awesome. The vocals man, ho-ly shit, FUCK, words cannot describe the intensity and emotion in that delivery, absolutely drop-dead amazing. I was literally crying just now when I played "Awake". Just unbelievable... *shakes head in utter awe and amazement*

Such a complex band w/ tons of great bands as influences. Epic, Atmospheric and Progressie as hell. They remind me of Devin Townsend at times even Faith No More. Is it just me or does the vocalist's cleans remind you of Lajon of Sevendust?

I'm not a big Meshuggah fan but "Bleed" for Obzen actually got me interested for the first time since, well. ever!
I actually listened to obZen for the first time just now, I still think their music is just too theoretical, the patterns probably look really cool on paper as written music, but to listen to...

Bleed almost gave me a seizure, it just doesn't stop! Music like that just totally wears my ears out. Textures use this polyrhythmic stuff, but they vary a lot more, use a lot more melody and atmospheric parts.

So Stefan, if you can tolerate "Bleed", you should really give Textures a try, there's a lot more to enjoy in their music than in Meshuggah's i.m.o.

I actually listened to obZen for the first time just now, I still think their music is just too theoretical, the patterns probably look really cool on paper as written music, but to listen to...

Bleed almost gave me a seizure, it just doesn't stop! Music like that just totally wears my ears out. Textures use this polyrhythmic stuff, but they vary a lot more, use a lot more melody and atmospheric parts.

So Stefan, if you can tolerate "Bleed", you should really give Textures a try, there's a lot more to enjoy in their music than in Meshuggah's i.m.o.

To me it is the contrary, because what attracts me the most about Meshuggah is that they always keep things interesting while playing loud all the time. You always discover something new with each listen and the face raping just goes on and on. I'm really gay for them.