Current state of affairs...

my prediction is Masterplan.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be met with the same "meh" as Mystic Prophecy due to their marquee member (Jorn) leaving the band? (IE - Gus G no longer in MP)

I could be wrong. I don't listen to Masterplan and have no clue how strong their fanbase is.

"Good news...we have been speaking with 2 potential replacements for MP, which should make even more people happy, and we hope to confirm one or the other within the next day or so."

Sorry, only one power metal replacement for MP. However, I think even you power metal fans will be quite pleased with who we get for the Saturday headliner if everything works out.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be met with the same "meh" as Mystic Prophecy due to their marquee member (Jorn) leaving the band? (IE - Gus G no longer in MP)

I could be wrong. I don't listen to Masterplan and have no clue how strong their fanbase is.

Their fanbase isnt that strong..most can only bench press 30 pounds.

Okay this is really bothering me, so I decided to browse my cd collection for more ideas which was kind of hard to pick bands based on what I know about their popularity and new albums and if I like them etc:

Dream Evil - Fri
Grave Digger - Fri
Annihilator - Sat.
Elvenking/Wintersun/Ensiferum - Fri/Sat
Circle II Circle - Fri - doubtful
Symphony X - Fri - doubtful
Rage - Fri
Running Wild - Fri
Jag Panzer - Fri
Lordi - Fri
Pretty Maids - Fri
Masterplan - Fri - doubtful
Mercenary - Fri/Sat - doubtful
Metalium - Fri
Edguy - Fri
Entombed - Sat
Falconer - Fri
Freedom Call - Fri
Gamma Ray - Fri - Doubtful
God Dethroned - Sat
Imagika - Fri

Those are some of my personal thoughts give me your thoughts on my thoughts and maybe we can figure this shit out before Rob does, lol.

Maybe. But probably moreso that they have none of the 'original ' members expect for Roland. But I think their new album is pretty damn good <shrug>

Okay this is really bothering me, so I decided to browse my cd collection for more ideas which was kind of hard to pick bands based on what I know about their popularity and new albums and if I like them etc:

Dream Evil - Fri
Grave Digger - Fri
Annihilator - Sat.
Rage - Fri
Running Wild - Fri
Jag Panzer - Fri
Lordi - Fri
Pretty Maids - Fri
Metalium - Fri
Edguy - Fri
Entombed - Sat
Falconer - Fri
Freedom Call - Fri
God Dethroned - Sat
Imagika - Fri

Those are some of my personal thoughts give me your thoughts on my thoughts and maybe we can figure this shit out before Rob does, lol.

Haha...good luck. :p

BTW...one of the two we're talking to is on your list...and the other one is probably not on your radar cuz you've probably never thought it was possible to get them. :p

And actually, this other band is one that I've wanted to get since we started Powerfest...so you can guess which one I'm praying for. :worship:;)

Dream Evil - Fri
Grave Digger - Fri
Annihilator - Sat.
Rage - Fri
Running Wild - Fri
Jag Panzer - Fri
Lordi - Fri
Pretty Maids - Fri
Metalium - Fri
Edguy - Fri
Entombed - Sat
Falconer - Fri
Freedom Call - Fri
God Dethroned - Sat
Imagika - Fri

I would be so happy if it was any of these

Freedom Call
Wintersun
Ensiferum
Falconer
Rage
Dream Evil

I love Gamma Ray and Edguy..but I think they are way out of the ball park price wise. Why do I have a feeling it is going to be Mercenary.

You know what...forget I said anything in regards to Dolamite's list...cuz the last time I played this game with you guys, everything fell through. :erk: ;)

No jinxing this time....and everyone (the guys) uncross your ballz! And girls, uncross whatever it was you were crossing. :p

None of that worked last time. ;)

Rob.....you're a dork....hehehehe:loco: No matter what's going on though, and no matter how much stress you are under, you're posts always seem to give a good giggle now and then ;)
BTW....I'm not even gonna take a guess as to who you are talking to about Friday night....no matter who, I know it's gonna be a good show....hell we are even thinking about bringing our lil gals out for friday nights gig!! (No after party though, so we may not get any good blackmail pics this year hehehe...) We are still up in the air about that though....anyway Good Luck!!:kickass: :headbang:

Shit I cannot wait for the next announcements, then. I assume the final two bands will be killer. Mystic Prophecy would have been excellent to see, but they were never an essential "must see" band for me.

I know it must be a nightmare on you guys' side of the deal; I check this forum several times a day just to see if there are any updates. I really want to come to this show, but I want to base my decision on the full lineup.