Predictions thread

:zombie:
In defence of booking agents, it's the bands and management that set tour prices based on a number of factors. The agents have nothing to do with it.

Any chance you want to tell me who you're having trouble with? If there's anything I can do to help....

just don't call me a greedy bastard or I'll smack ya up :p :lol:

True...we know that. However, one-off shows are different & there's definitely a sliding scale depending on show/opportunity...and the fact that most of the time booking agents get a percentage of the performance fee, it's definitely in their best interest to drive that price as high as they can squeeze out of the promoters. It's their job & we know that, but given the ones we've talked to so far, some are a lot more greedy than others!!

Of course we know you wouldn't fall under that category...for you it's more of a passion for metal, not money...as is with us.

Bands have nothing to do with setting their guarantees.
It is their booking agents.

If the band has great management, then you're right - the actual band members will have zero say in what the guarantee is. When dealing with bands under quality management, there is a low-end and a high-end guarantee that is set for the booking agent to work with. So you might be assuming that the booking agent has all the say in the guarantee because they set the shows up and work within that range, whereas that's not really the case. They can bargain a price under the guarantee as long as it doesn't go below the low-end, however they are expected to get the guarantee everytime. For instance, it's not my choice if Band 007's management requires them to go out for $2,500 guarantee + rider with no less than $2,000 guarantee & 80/20 backend split. I will work my ass off to get that $2,500 not because I want a bigger percentage but because that's what the band asked me to get. If you offer a service of any kind, you will do your best to meet your customer's expectations, true?

Now yes, one-off shows are a much different story. Costs of extra travel, lodging, accomodations.. bleagh! I'm glad I don't deal with bands that do one-offs. I don't envy you guys right now! :lol:

Hehehe, yes, we are all waiting patiently.

Well, not all THAT patiently...:lol: :lol: I'm just looking for dates. I'll be at the fest regardless of bands, but I have to start scheduling travel for my work real soon (like last week!!) and I do NOT want to mess up, especially with it being on a different weekend than normal. Oh well...

...in good news at least we got two more Prog Power announcements today! Whooo hoo!

Hrmmm. Maybe Rob is busy securing a spot for ELVENKING.
Diabolik swears booking them will guarantee a sellout!! :lol: J/K

Looks like we'll have to fill out a missing persons report for Rob.

If you are looking for great booking managers...I heard Elvenking is really easy to deal with

:lol: I was wondering how long it was going to take you to post.....
I dunno man. Rob must be missing in action.

Maybe he is still sore from the circle pit action during Lacuna Coil Sunday night.

Ok, this might be nutty, but what the hell......
I am going to take a stab at:
USA = NEVERMORE
CANADA = INTO ETERNITY
EURO = whothehellknows! :)
Mercenary perhaps ?? I seem to recall that trio being rumored for a US tour a month or two ago. That would be awesome if one of the stops was for Chicago Powerfest.

Britt