Anyone considering sponsorship for 2008?

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
A show of hands, so to speak...

How many of you are considering to be a sponsor for next year's Powerfest...either a band or general fest sponsor?

Also, how many of you are considering to request a band for the Powerfest in 2008 to sponsor? This could either mean you're individually going to sponsor or you intend to pool funds together from multiple sponsors to cover a band's expenses. And for those considering this sponsorship option, would you be able to commit to a budget within the next 3 months? We just want to make sure we would have enough time to solicit the requested band.

...just curious.

FYI...we're putting together the program details right now & should be making the announcement very soon...so don't ask for details yet. :p Let's just say that we will provide a sponsorship opportunity even for those with very limited funds. ;)

Thanks,
Rob

A show of hands, so to speak...

How many of you are considering to be a sponsor for next year's Powerfest...either a band or general fest sponsor?

Also, how many of you are considering to request a band for the Powerfest in 2008 to sponsor? This could either mean you're individually going to sponsor or you intend to pool funds together from multiple sponsors to cover a band's expenses. And for those considering this sponsorship option, would you be able to commit to a budget within the next 3 months? We just want to make sure we would have enough time to solicit the requested band.

...just curious.

FYI...we're putting together the program details right now & should be making the announcement very soon...so don't ask for details yet. :p Let's just say that we will provide a sponsorship opportunity even for those with very limited funds. ;)

Thanks,
Rob

Hey Rob

I'm considering it and yes I should be able to commit to something in the next 3 months.

Yes I am contemplating Silent Force. As far as Jag Panzer is concerned nothing against them by any means, but there are better bands that we could get for this fest or at least I think so.

I'm in for sponsoring a band or the fest. Band's I'd sponsor:

Misery Index
Gnostic
Beneath The Massacre

Back to the original question ...

I would certainly consider sponsorship. But the way I'd approach it is to see what bands are bubbling up as having a reasonable chance of appearing (i.e. have shown prior interest and availability) and then put my money on my favorite of the bunch. I don't think I'd just shout out a random band name and dollar amount.

Ken