2008 Fan Sponsorship/VIP program

Agreed, AFTER April would be good for me, not that it should matter though.. :lol:

Yeah, there is already Iced Earth, DT / Opeth, King D, Iron Maiden, possible Helloween / Gamma Ray, etc......
Though these are all good advertising opportunities as well.

If the dates are being moved, then I have a VERY good idea who will probably be there as long as the dates get moved to May. I have a little insider info about a possible mini tour in May, but it wasnt confirmed at the time.

If the dates are being moved, then I have a VERY good idea who will probably be there as long as the dates get moved to May. I have a little insider info about a possible mini tour in May, but it wasnt confirmed at the time.

Sorry, there will be no tour stops at the fest. Only way a tour stop would even be considered would be as the Thursday night pre-party.

If that is the case then I hope that band that I was thinking of either didnt get a tour finalized, which I honestly cant imagine not happening at least Jaxx and NYC, and you guys got them.

So even if someone comes with $800, you're only going to give them one pass? I know you guys put a lot of time and money into the fest, but that just seems to be pinching it just a little. You might even be shooing away somebody who might've thrown down some dough. You probably don't want to hear that but thats just my opinion and something you might want to think about.

So even if someone comes with $800, you're only going to give them one pass? I know you guys put a lot of time and money into the fest, but that just seems to be pinching it just a little. You might even be shooing away somebody who might've thrown down some dough. You probably don't want to hear that but thats just my opinion and something you might want to think about.

First of all...you have NO IDEA how much we've lost over the last two years. And...we've made it perfectly clear after this year's fest, that in order for us to continue this fest, we would need a lot of financial help...it's also called support, not "what's in it for me". If things go well this year, package prices will most likely go down the following year...especially for those who have shown sponsorship support in the past. We've already discussed that.

And don't worry, we've already had some people come forward showing their support...which is greatly appreciated. HUGE thanks to you guys...you're really the ones who are making this next fest possible!! :kickass::headbang:

Plus, it's also a matter of having too many people hanging around the backstage areas...so we need to manage that as well...which is why we're even putting a limit on the number of Gold & Platinum packages we're giving out. Once those run out, only Silver ($250 general fest sponsor) packages will be available.

First of all...you have NO IDEA how much we've lost over the last two years. And...we've made it perfectly clear after this year's fest, that in order for us to continue this fest, we would need a lot of financial help...it's also called support, not "what's in it for me". If things go well this year, package prices will most likely go down the following year...especially for those who have shown sponsorship support in the past. We've already discussed that.

And don't worry, we've already had some people come forward showing their support...which is greatly appreciated. HUGE thanks to you guys...you're really the ones who are making this next fest possible!! :kickass::headbang:

Plus, it's also a matter of having too many people hanging around the backstage areas...so we need to manage that as well...which is why we're even putting a limit on the number of Gold & Platinum packages we're giving out. Once those run out, only Silver ($250 general fest sponsor) packages will be available.

Rob....I totally agree.... I dont think people realize the amount of money it takes to get this thing going. Also I know what a crowded backstage is like...chaos. This is how stuff gets stolen and trouble starts. To tell you the truth I could care less about getting backstage or any of that. For me it is the VIP parking.

If people are complaining about not getting two passes...come on. Are you that cheap. Sure you dropped money on sponsoring but to make demands for more passes because you want to get someone else in. sad.

Rob, we approached Lotesto with our offer on his voicemail Saturday night... Ask him what he thinks!

- R

OMG!!:OMG: She lives!!! Hey Amber! Where have you been? Haven't seen you at any shows in quite some time.

HA HA!
Hey Rob!!!
If you must know, I had been held captive by the Ass Goblin of Northern Sheffield, forced to listen to Stryper and some Manowar cover band with a crazy, drunk Irish redhead named Dan(owar) as the singer.
I was able to escape only by the sheer luck brought to me by my sacred diamond, studded loin cloth given to me by a courageous dwarf named Saladbar, whose only weakness was shredded lettuce. This weakness would cause his ultimate demise.
**moment of silence for the Saladbar**
Anyway, the loin cloth's power and capabilities were unmatched by the dreaded Ass Goblin and wretched Irishman, as it emitted an epic Power Metal scream of Fire, when Edguy lyrics were spoken by my precious little Gnomes I keep as my guardians.
Think of it as a Care-Bear stare, only with Gnomes and Power Metal tunes.

Ha Ha!

Now, I am back and preparing to rawk the fuck out at Powerfest '08!
...But I'm sure I'll see you at some shows in the meantime.

Ha Ha!

Thanks again for putting together such a kickass fest every year!
You guys Rule!

If you must know, I had been held captive by the Ass Goblin of Northern Sheffield, forced to listen to Stryper and some Manowar cover band with a crazy, drunk Irish redhead named Dan(owar) as the singer.
I was able to escape only by the sheer luck brought to me by my sacred diamond, studded loin cloth given to me by a courageous dwarf named Saladbar, whose only weakness was shredded lettuce. This weakness would cause his ultimate demise.
**moment of silence for the Saladbar**
Anyway, the loin cloth's power and capabilities were unmatched by the dreaded Ass Goblin and wretched Irishman, as it emitted an epic Power Metal scream of Fire, when Edguy lyrics were spoken by my precious little Gnomes I keep as my guardians.

Until you mentioned Edguy, I was going to ask if you had been sucked into a Rhapsody album.

I'll probably be able to pull the "Silver Package" (I like the names) come December when I get more overtime. I'll see about Gold if theres a band that really tickles my fancy.

I plan on coming out from NJ to see this this year no matter who's playing, and I'd love to get a gold package. The limited number thing kinda puts me on edge though, as more than likely I fear they'll sell out before I can get one. It's not that I wouldn't have the money, I could make enough in 2 paychecks(hooray for min. wage), I just dunno how fast they'll be selling or when they'll start selling so I'm a little on-edge about it.

And I'm kinda confused as to how the sponsorship thing works. When I read it on the website I thought you meant that we can kinda like, throw a band name your way and you'd try to get them on the fest or something(Sounds stupid in retrospect), but now I don't really know exactly what you mean by it. Care to explain? And if it's really obvious what it is you're trying to say, then I apologize. It's 3 AM and I have very cloudy thoughts right now.

Overall though I'm damn excited for this shit. I'm sad I missed last year, I would've killed to see Suspyre, Athiest, and Novembers Doom.