2008 Festival dates announced

So you are justifying these acts simply by the fact that this is a metal festival?

No.

But, it IS the kind of shit that goes on at any metal festival.

Its not like anyone threw a fucking TV out of the window and lit a blanket on fire. Seen that, didn't go over well with anyone, including me. Theres a very distant line between building a chair fort, puking and pissing all over yourself in a bathroom... and total destruction.

Didn't destroy anything actually, and hell, little toilet paper, and some beer in the coffee machine, gave those lil mexican ladies some work to do for their 3 pesos that hour.

I live in my fathers basement, which is a small apartment (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom). I pay 400 a month for it, and will get kicked out just like anyone else if I don't pay it. The only reason I choose this over any other apartment is because he is letting me use it moderately cheap, that is for this area (most apartments are in the 600-700 dollar range for the same size in my area, and about 500-600 in salt lake).

Hey, $400 / month rent is cheap!! Good deal.

The reason I ask is this.....

In my opinion, if you are paying for something, you certainly have a lot more respect for it.

I dunno. I have a hard time with the whole, "Hey shut up old man!! It's a METAL fest. This will happen"

Ok, I think I am done with this. I am sure others will still comment.

As I said before, ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!!!!
Just don't do anything to ruin the reputation of the fest, as it sounds like the workers there already aren't thrilled......

One more thing.......
To BOTH Will and EricT...
Sorry if it seems like you guys were getting a lashing today over this, as I am sure there were PLENTY other folks who raged havoc on their hotel rooms!

I have a feeling that when we all arrive next year at the hotel, they're gonna ask for a cop or two to be placed in the hotel. Though, we'll see what happens when it happens.

What amuses me most about this thread is people who go back and forth with each other, make generally reasonable to compelling arguments on both sides, and then negate everything they've said by referring to the other person as "faggot." Classy...

*sips his wine with pinky outstretched*
Sorry, good sir. I had no intention to ruffle thy feathers.

I'm not a presidential candidate. I'm a defensive moron. What would make you expect any more from me?

For the record...I asked the person at the front desk during check out on Sunday morning after this year's fest whether or not we caused any problems or were too loud. The answer I got is that they're cool with partying, but for us to please not leave any bottles in the hallway next time.

Now, of course, she may not have been aware of what happened inside some of the rooms or the stairwells, but I sincerely doubt anything was bad enough that it would give the fest a bad reputation to the point where we would risk not being allowed back. Although, this definitely doesn't mean we should try to top ourselves in 2008. ;) :p

I also refuse to believe that an over-capacity crowd (2000 ppl) of Insane Clown Posse fans for example (some of whom I'm sure partied their asses off at the Super 8 afterwards) caused any less havoc than the Powerfest crowd. Shit!!...I've been to MUCH MUCH more rowdy parties, and overall, I think everyone at this year's after parties behaved themselves. Well...everyone except the guy who tried stealing our Jack Daniels...but even that's been resolved. ;)

So, our only request for next year is that people please clean up their bottles from the hallways, and that you please keep your bodily fluids inside the appropriate receptacles...whether it's a toilet, or your girfriend/wife/chick you just met :)lol::p:lol: Sorry...couldn't resist.)...then we should be just fine. No maid or cleaning person ever deserves to have to clean up nasty shit (no pun intended)...regardless if you think it may be a part of their job description. Also, if you happen to be a host of a room party where there ends up being a shitload of empty/half-empty bottles all over the place, please either try to clean up as much as possible or at least leave a few dollar tip for the maid for the extra work. Of course you don't have to do either, but it's at least a cool thing to do. Trust me...regardless of how bad things may or may not get, doing one or both of those will go a LONG way!! :kickass:

OK...that's enough of this topic...and I look forward to getting absolutely shitfaced with all my metal brothers & sisters at Powerfest 2008!!! :kickass::headbang::kickass:

Take care guys!
Rob

^^I don't think anyone is singling people out. We were all guilty of contributing to noise. I think the main issue here is crossing the line...pissing/shitting/vomiting all over the place or destroying property.

Just to clarify for the record, not all of us attended the aftershow hotel parties. :)

^^ Did you book online or call them? I know if you book online you get documentation that states you are allowed to cancel anytime before 4PM of the day of check-in. I've never had a problem when I've booked online. Now that I've said that, *knocks on wood*.