Curse you metal gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Agalloch coming to Chicago for the FOURTH time in a row where I am not available!!!!

Friday June 20th at Reggies. Same night as Day 1 of Days of the Doomed.

I would not trade performing at DOTD or seeing Trouble (and many others) for Agalloch, but it still blows!!!!!!!

sucks when this happens.....sucks that the fest got Ragnarokkr'ed with other big shows. I am sure it won't hurt it too much. Agalloch pull from the hipster crowd as well so the people going to DOTD will still all be there.

sucks when this happens.....sucks that the fest got Ragnarokkr'ed with other big shows. I am sure it won't hurt it too much. Agalloch pull from the hipster crowd as well so the people going to DOTD will still all be there.

Agalloch will do well regardless. Might hurt first night of DOTD, but part of that is as I've said it seems the Friday night show is weak no offense Jason, Lee and Pat.

Agalloch will do well regardless. Might hurt first night of DOTD, but part of that is as I've said it seems the Friday night show is weak no offense Jason, Lee and Pat.

I think both will be fine...I don't see it hurting too much. People who paid for both days will do both nights. I am sure some locals may miss the first night now but both shows draw from such different crowds now.

In 2012, the Agalloch tour played Boston the same night as the Hammers of Misfortune/Gates of Slumber tour...in clubs that were literally adjacent to each other (in the same actual building). LOL

Simon - Yes, I know when Trouble are playing. I just meant that overall it will be a good weekend for me, regardless of missing Agalloch.

Yeah, the Sat of DOTD is stacked, compared to Friday.
I am sure that's probably simply due to the band's availability.

I think having Agalloch on Friday may keep some of the full weekend fence sitters in Chicago only doing Saturday instead of both.

I agree with Bob though. Agalloch's crowd is predominantly the pitchfork crowd who thinks the only metal bands in existence are Agalloch, High on Fire, Nachtmystium, and maybe Ghost... LOL...

That being said, I still wanna see Agalloch one of these days!

Even though I only like their first album and demos, I still kinda want to see Agalloch eventually too. The 20th anniversary of "Pale Folklore" is only five years away... maybe they'll do a special tour for it?

Even though I only like their first album and demos, I still kinda want to see Agalloch eventually too. The 20th anniversary of "Pale Folklore" is only five years away... maybe they'll do a special tour for it?

For me, Ashes Against The Grain is the holy grail of Agalloch's catalog.

Now Age of Taurus, Pilgrim and Egypt are playing Chicago the next day after the fest.

Seriously? I know where I'm going when I wake up on sunday...

I'll see Agalloch at MDF. Would be nice to see a full set from them, but I'd rather see Orodruin, Las Cruces, and those queers in Ancient Dreams again.