Custom guitar painting

Saculus, I'll try to solve that. Thanks!

motomoto, listen to the guitar in action :headbang::

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that you guys liked it! Thanks a lot!

motomoto, here are some of the old bad quality photos:

dsc02808dw5.jpg

dsc02809rp2.jpg

dsc02810cx8.jpg

And "in action" :loco::
dsc03178yb9.jpg

oscillat0r, I didn't do it myself, I hired this guy to pimp it. He didn't scrape off the original body color but just layered them with acrylic paints. And those are also paint colors on the wings not stained or sanded wood. He told me that he it'd been coated with a layer of polyurethane. I dig the roughness of the finishing, looks exactly like a real oil painting on canvas.

This is a no ordinary PIMP MY AXE, it's the artist's interpretation of my life. I told him a lil' bit about myself and he successfully reduced it in this great art form. Maybe you guys too can have some rough idea on what/how my life is. He named this one as "Freedom and Duality" and this is what he described:

*double imagery
*fishes and wings
*the highway
*strive
Move forward
*fish in the tank analogy/ back fins as wings when split.

well if you're life turns out like that guitar then hopefully its all worth it, eh?

kudos to having the artist just interpret as they see fit - thats what artists do and I can't stand watching tattoo shows where the client micro-manages the artist instead of letting them do what they do best. no shame in that since as you said, its your life thats the inspiration. I also like the idea of 'layers' and the acrylic texture complements the art style perfectly.

I'm at a crossroads, deciding whether to find someone to do some art on a guitar or just to practice and do it myself.

j

motomoto, you better don't! :lol:

oscillat0r, that's the whole point. Couldn't agree more. Everytime I hold this guitar, it acts as a reminder on how my life is and the battles ahead that I must win. No other cosmetic touch on any guitar (be it stickers, colors etc) can beat the satisfaction of having a meaningful artpiece which is very personal to you.

From the way you say things, I think you are an artist. My advice: DIY!

Sending to another artist: $$$
DIY: Priceless. Ultimate orgasms!