custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

I'm the douche? Fuck off kid, use the search.

Yeah, you kind of are. I just came in here asking a simple question and you acted like an asshole about it, it was for Joey. Not for you.

Also, don't call me kid please and thank you.

Vinny: Thanks for the link bro!

You know how a lot of the times in a break down or just a spot with some heaving guitar chugging joey will throw in some reverb on the snare to make it sound huge. Its done alot of the new Miss May I album. well I'm having trouble achieving this. Ive worked at it for hours and i cant seem to get that clean reverb like he's getting. I've been fooling with the reverbs i got from Waves but cant get that sound. also, im not certain on how to add the effect in just particular spots in logic im pretty sure he doesnt just throw that amount of reverb on the whole snare track. any suggestions?

*shoots self in the head*

rc324m.jpg

@robfromthedeep awsome man! i like this song, and of course drums sound killer, are you using any compression on the cymbs? what kinda ratios and stuff u using?

@robfromthedeep awsome man! i like this song, and of course drums sound killer, are you using any compression on the cymbs? what kinda ratios and stuff u using?

Thanks bro, yeah i'm too lazy to open the project but i defo used a compressor on the cymbal bus, nothing drastic though, just to make them flow with the song better. Joey's samples don't take much messing with at all to make them work in a mix. I feel like i'm cheating a bit to be fair, but i can't complain!

Any estimate of when the big Masters set of cymbals will be ready? Really interested in that.

Also curious about the ShoulderCity toms. They sound great on the teaser. Anybody have any more clips using them?

Hey Joey I notice you got away from the d drum triggers. What did you switch to? Are they the newer Roland triggers?

Yeah, you kind of are. I just came in here asking a simple question and you acted like an asshole about it, it was for Joey. Not for you.

Also, don't call me kid please and thank you.

Look kid, I didnt make up the forum rules and I have no problem acting like an asshole to anyone who refuses to follow them.

I was curious if we were supposed to still ask/discuss about Joey's samples here or over at his new forum. what do you guys think?

You know how a lot of the times in a break down or just a spot with some heaving guitar chugging joey will throw in some reverb on the snare to make it sound huge. Its done alot of the new Miss May I album. well I'm having trouble achieving this. Ive worked at it for hours and i cant seem to get that clean reverb like he's getting. I've been fooling with the reverbs i got from Waves but cant get that sound. also, im not certain on how to add the effect in just particular spots in logic im pretty sure he doesnt just throw that amount of reverb on the whole snare track. any suggestions?

I've got this using pro tools Dverb. Try boosting some high end before the verb.
If you want, check some of my latest RATE MY MIX Threads and i do a few of them!

Joey, it is possible that you'd to mastered my band one song?
What is the usual price of such pleasure?
Thank you.

Joey, are there any possibilities for alternative payment for samples? I have a registered PayPal account but due to some fraudulent charges that I am having investigated, I can't use it right now, even with credit cards. I would definitely like to check out your samples :D but would need some other method of payment. Please let me know. If need be, contact me by email at pjcohen@graffiti.net - thanks in ahead for your time and consideration!

-- Phill C