custom snare sample (joey sturgis snare 1)

Two new cymbal series releasing soon, screaming simple and masters one

masters one is the beginning of a new set of series that are special and separate from other cymbal packs. they include a wide variety of different cymbals, and they are specially fine tuned during processing. they will cost the same as other sets (5 dollars per cymbal), but they are on the next level as far as sonics go.

screaming simple has a mega bell ride
its sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell yes!!!! :headbang:

Is the screaming simple as the name implies...simple? A few amount of cymbals and the Masters having alot or is it not worked like that?

And all Kontakt compatible as the previous packs are I assume.

Hopefully be able to get my thrash on with these!! What Hats compliment the mega bell ride? Mastersound' perhaps? ;)

Oh hell yes!!!! :headbang:

Is the screaming simple as the name implies...simple? A few amount of cymbals and the Masters having alot or is it not worked like that?

And all Kontakt compatible as the previous packs are I assume.

Hopefully be able to get my thrash on with these!! What Hats compliment the mega bell ride? Mastersound' perhaps? ;)

screaming simple is a 5 cymbal set, cheap and simple (hi hat, 2 crashes, ride, china)

masters one is a set of 13 different cymbals. naturally dissonant zibel's, 4 splashes (one of which was sampled normal / inverted or flipped inside out), 3 crashes + ride with crash, china, and hi hats

both sets have the same hi hat (paiste twenty 14in) oddly enough (but not reused, they were uniquely recorded for each pack / mic setup)

How come when i pan the toms or cymbals in Kontakt 4 and i hit the keyboard it makes the hit but its followed by static. its really annoying. It only happens if i pan them. i think the kontakt samples are already prepanned so when i load them in kontakt 4 they are in "center" but sound slightly panned already. its just if i want to pan anything more i get that static. anyone have this problem? thanks. its the Truth Black and Gold complete pack

How come when i pan the toms or cymbals in Kontakt 4 and i hit the keyboard it makes the hit but its followed by static. its really annoying. It only happens if i pan them. i think the kontakt samples are already prepanned so when i load them in kontakt 4 they are in "center" but sound slightly panned already. its just if i want to pan anything more i get that static. anyone have this problem? thanks. its the Truth Black and Gold complete pack

not sure why it would do that, sounds like a kontakt problem

and to clear any confusion anyone might have, pre panned means the panning is baked within the stereo file. so the panners should be set to center when you want to use the samples as is.

is the prepanning the actual pan settings you would personally use on the drums joey? if so i dont think ill worry about panning them anymore than they already are

why pre-panning?

Why not use mono waves? I hate prepanned because sometimes the band want audience-view and sometimes drummers-view (for air drumming)

Because for the drums, the samples are recorded with a close mic, a stereo pair in the room and a stereo overhead pair. You sort of have to prepan them because their position in the stereo field is already determined by the overheads and room mics.

With cymbals of course they are not separately close mic'd, so those are prepanned as well. Individually mic'd cymbal samples always sound odd in a mix anyways, recording them with a stereo overhead pair always sounds more natural.

If you want to switch the whole kit between audience view and drummers view though all you have to do is swap the channels on the whole drum bus... You don't need new samples for that. Just pan the left channel all the way right and the right channel all the way left, done.