Cynic

Phoenix5

d3v4s7a710n
May 14, 2005
Nebraska
What does everyone think of this band?

They make some interesting music.

Where is the best place to start, etc...?

Focus in a fantastic outstanding album. I liked it very much when it came out and still like it.
Can't compare Atheist and Cynic. They're both progressive but that's it

Fantastic band. But mate, they only ever released one album! There was a series of demos for another band they were in called Portal (which is also great, essentially cynic without the metal element)...

Oh, I didn't know that. I'll have to try to find it somewhere. I was just shown a few songs from a friend.

I love Focus. It's really good. And I don't mind the vocoder actually. I love it when he sings "Veeeeeiil Of Mayaaaaaaaa" ^^

From what I remember...I like the demos better than Focus. Sure they had a unique style, but that fusion isn't my thing. Same with how Pestilence turned into...don't care for it.

Fantastic band. But mate, they only ever released one album! There was a series of demos for another band they were in called Portal (which is also great, essentially cynic without the metal element)...

Portal is amazing, I discovered it last summer, and spent quite a bit of time with it. It's more fusion based than metal. As I understand, the chick singer has made a sucessfull career in recent time.