Votes: 3 9.7%
  • None So Live (live album)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I recently downloadedtwo Cryptopsy tracks, on recommendation that their drummer was good....what an understatement!

The tracks were 'We Bleed' and 'Slit Your Guts' - both of which have blown my mind!!

I really want to get an album of theirs, so which one do you recommend?

Imagine you could only choose one Cryptopsy album for the rest of your life - which would it be?

Probably...None so Vile, especially since its so groovy and brutal. Also technical, although not as technical as the "sequels". But yeh, None So Vile.
Try getting "Phobophile" if you like that one, get None so vile.
etc etc blah balh

I'd definitely go for None So Vile, they still had Lord Worm and it's an absolute classic. Too bad one of the best tracks ever made (Cold Hate, Warm Blood) comes one album later. However, None So Vile has Phobophile which is almost equally good and every other song is very strong so I would definitely go for that album.

gah, hard. >_< I think is has to be None So Vile though. Whisper Supremacy doesn't hold together quite well enough for me (the highlights hugely overshadow the rest of the album), And Then You'll Beg has Cryptopsy's best music after None So Vile I think, but is let down by weak vocals, and Blasphemy Made Flesh is almost up there next to None So Vile....but, meh, its just gotta be da Vile.

SculptedCold said:
gah, hard. >_< I think is has to be None So Vile though. Whisper Supremacy doesn't hold together quite well enough for me (the highlights hugely overshadow the rest of the album), And Then You'll Beg has Cryptopsy's best music after None So Vile I think, but is let down by weak vocals, and Blasphemy Made Flesh is almost up there next to None So Vile....but, meh, its just gotta be da Vile.

Yeah, they're all good CDs really. The only one I didn't care too much for was Blasphemy Made Flesh, and that still wasn't bad, it just didn't fit my tastes is all.

I went for "Blasphemy Made Flesh". Awesome record. Groovy and catchy, the songs have a great flow that the other albums don't quite match. It was a very tough competition between "BMF" and "None So Vile", though, but "BMF" wins due to its incredible flow and catchiness. Favourite songs: "Defenestration", "Abigor" and "Serial Messiah".

None so vile definately...the songs are much more memorable also.

Although the newer albums are much more complex , i find that disalvo ruined the songs with his voice.

Whisper Supremacy by far.... I like DiSalvo's vocals on that one, plus the riffs are quite complex, yet extremely catchy due to this when they sink in.... its definately an addictive album, followed by ...ATYB, NSV, and then BMF

I just think that their two recent ones were loads more creative than NSV.... basically, if you don't like the older style, try the newer, and vice versa....

SunlapseVertigo said:
Whisper Supremacy by far.... I like DiSalvo's vocals on that one, plus the riffs are quite complex, yet extremely catchy due to this when they sink in.... its definately an addictive album, followed by ...ATYB, NSV, and then BMF
good man! :headbang: