Cryptopsy live, July 22th

Post_Scriptum

Jan 24, 2003
tmvfr.info
So I went to their show yesterday, since it'll probably be the best show/band in town for the whole year. I'm also happy that Lord Worm is back
icon_smile.gif

Opening band was ok, but you didn't click on this to hear about them.

I arrived there 30 minutes before the show was supposed to start. I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only one not wearing a black Deicide or Canibal Corpse t-shirt. Unfortunately, there was like 8 people and they were all dressed in black. They all looked at me in a weird way and I laughed. More people came still looking at me. Even some people dressed liked me came, so woo.
The show started at 11pm (was supposed to start at 9:30pm), the opening band probably played for 30 minutes.

Lord Worm called this tour the "None so Vile tour" so you can guess that they played a lot of songs from NSV. He didn't come out of a coffin filled with worms though, he didn't eat worms either.
icon_cry.gif
Bummer

"The drummer is a bomb" -me
*drum solo*
"Yeah he is" -my friend

So they played (I can't remember all the song titles)
Crown of Horns
Slit your Guts
Graves of the Fathers
Benedictine Convulsion
Phobophile (of course)
Orgiastic Disembowelment
+
We Bleed
Defenestration
(there's 3 missing)
No new songs either.

Small venue, good ambiance, a lot of moshing and a lot of weird metalheads. (even one asking for mush). I can't really tell if the sound was good, but I guess so since I recognized most of the songs they played.

Oh and btw, Cryptopsy, Slipknot and System of a Down are not related. Don't wear a Cryptopsy t-shirt either. WEAR A GORGUTS SHIRT! (I don't know where the guy got it, but I want it)

Guardian of Darkness said:
I never understood the fascination, honestly. He's an ok, verging on decent vocalist. He's an ok songwriter at best, awful at worst.
He's an excellent lyricist.
Can't say I think much of his vocals, but he has a great high pitched scream on him.

Post_Scriptum said:
WEAR A GORGUTS SHIRT! (I don't know where the guy got it, but I want it)
Hehe, I bought one last week !
Obscura-era, though it doesn't state Obscura anywhere on the shirt. Bought it from a little shop in Quebec, for 25$ CAN shipping included. It was their last one though :headbang:
I'll see Cryptopsy on october 8th, with The End, Bloodshoteye and Cephalic Carnage.

Oh, check out www.gorguts.com, the band seems in great shape, the new side project will melt my brain and we might see some merchandise soon, I hope.

andrew_plamondon said:
Hehe, I bought one last week !
Obscura-era, though it doesn't state Obscura anywhere on the shirt. Bought it from a little shop in Quebec, for 25$ CAN shipping included. It was their last one though :headbang:
I'll see Cryptopsy on october 8th, with The End, Bloodshoteye and Cephalic Carnage.

Oh, check out www.gorguts.com, the band seems in great shape, the new side project will melt my brain and we might see some merchandise soon, I hope.
They're alive! Great news!