D&D

XP SP3

EDIT: I may have solved my problems by using a shitty 800x600 resolution and decreasing the refresh rate from 75hz to 60hz.

That's weird that a performance issue would cause crashes like that.
Anyhow, I'm up for this Sunday. Will anyone else be joining aside from me, ml, and caecius?

Yeah.
Although ml and I didn't encounter any traps or locked doors, so we may be alright. Still, it'd be good to have more people.

Nope, I could probably get one from a friend.

Can you guys post your stats and how far into the game you are? I just completed all the quests on the island which was around twelve. Excited to explore the next area.

Uh...I just did the first two with ml. The one in the crypt and then the one with the white dragon scroll.

That was my thought. But Caecius having done those quests will let us do them on a higher difficulty for more xp/better loot, which is good since those two we did were horribly easy. But yeah, I expected we would just do quests together.

I will make another character for when I play alone. From all the quests I did, only one gave me problems.

Played my first D&D game in 4 years last week. Group I met online, we played at a restaurant. Very crowded and noisy... couple of shitty players but the DM was really good. Hoping to meet up next month and get some better players involved.

So we have a barbarian, cleric, and sorcerer. We need a rogue.

Disagree. Obviously you can do it with three strikers and a leader, but having a defender would do you more good than another striker, imo. (Unless you're thinking of skill checks, but even for that you don't need a rouge.)

Having said that, I'm currently involved in a side-game where the party consists of three strikers and a leader (warlord, barbarian, monk and my ranger). It works, of course, but having a fighter or a paladin would help so much. I suppose, for a smaller party, the Paladin might make more sense because of the healing, and obviously if you anticipate fighting a lot of undead shit, the Paladin will wade through it. If it was me, though, I'd go with the Fighter simply because I'm biased towards it. I haven't played a warden or seen one in action, so I don't know how they play.

@Mutantllama: How did you build your sorcerer? I made a wild magic sorcerer one time. Absolute garbage class, imo, but conceptually very cool, which is what matters the most. I don't think I'd want to use a sorcerer in long campaign, but I might play one again in a stand-alone game. A striker who misses half the time and barley does any damage when he hits... Waded through minions with chaos bolt, though.

Disclaimer: Can't stress enough that I still think the sorcerer is awesome. The role playing is more important than the combat. Unfortunately my groups games have tended to be encounter heavy.

@Mutantllama: How did you build your sorcerer? I made a wild magic sorcerer one time. Absolute garbage class, imo, but conceptually very cool, which is what matters the most. I don't think I'd want to use a sorcerer in long campaign, but I might play one again in a stand-alone game. A striker who misses half the time and barley does any damage when he hits... Waded through minions with chaos bolt, though.

Disclaimer: Can't stress enough that I still think the sorcerer is awesome. The role playing is more important than the combat. Unfortunately my groups games have tended to be encounter heavy.
uhh,let me check.

Yeah, no idea. But he's pretty cool. He has an awesome long grey beard.

Also, guys, if it wouldn't be a huge problem could we start at 8 instead of 9? I don't want to play for only an hour, and I don't want to stay up until 11. I mean, if it would be really inconvenient for you guys then I wouldn't mind too much.

Alright, sweet. Also, wanna use the Vent I posted a few pages ago?

Caecius can at least listen.

Also, I don't know how well, but you could use a shitty pair of earbuds and use those as a mic.

What is this vent thing? I have to admit I've never used a mic before and don't really know how to work it.
Also, may not be able to make it by 8:00. You guys start then and I'll join when I can.