to them?) and will then avenge our beating of them earlier
in the year with a convincing win over us. I sure hope
I'm wrong but we have absolutely NO momentum going into
the playoffs and have been handled quite well by some
crap teams the last four weeks. I'm keeping my fingers
crossed that somehow this team can pull themselves together
and compete like they should be able to against playoff
caliber teams.

So.....we play the Seahawks.....as I stated before, I like the Seahawks almost as much as I like the Bears, but at this point, I'm having a hard time thinking that the Bears are gonna go far in the playoffs.
Even if they DO put in Griese (which I highly doubt, since Lovie continues to say that "Rex is our quarterback and we have faith in him"), our chances are looking rather slim for a Superbowl this year:erk:
I'm gonna stick with the Bears though (like always!!).....I'm hoping that they feel a little humiliated after that hideous display last week, and DO something about it.....
But if Seattle wins, I'm goin' with them all the way to the Superbowl!!
Either way, I got a team to root for next Sunday hehehehe.....
Til we lose.....GO BEARS!!!:headbang: :kickass: :worship:
~Annie

Well.....THE BEARS WON!!!:headbang:
Can't say it was a convincing win.....but as I keep saying, a win, is a win, is a win!! Kudos to Robbie Gould for kicking the game winning field goal!! Now all we have to do is beat the Saints (heh?) and we go to the Superbowl!!
Wouldn't it be funny if the Patriots beat the Colts, we beat the Saints, and go to the Superbowl against the Pat's? Hmmm almost like a deja vu kinda moment eh?
Anyway, Bears beat the Seahawks 27 to 24!! :kickass:
GO BEARS!!!:worship: :headbang:
~Annie

Yeah, it dawned on me this morning that we could get a Super Bowl XX repeat! Damn, makes you feel old doesn't it! I was in 4th grade. :lol:

Anyhow, gotta give props to Brad Maynard as well, who put the ball in the perfect spot for Gould.

lol.....I was a senior in HS when they played in the Superbowl......now that's old :oops: But I'm sure there are a few who are older than me on here....makes me feel a little better ;)

guess we'll call it "winning ugly," just like the Sox in '83....let's
just hope they don't tank next week like the Sox did vs. the Orioles
in the Championship game... the Saints have so many weapons
that it's really going to be hard to stop them. the defense is just
not the same since Harris went down. i guess he created enough
chaos in the middle by himself to impact the D as whole and how
they could approach different schemes... in any case, i just hope
we play the Saints tough...

the Pats will have a rough time in the dome but the Colts always
choke and the Brady/Belechek combo is just too damn good!

Well......
BEARS ARE SUPERBOWL BOUND BABY!!!!!:headbang: :kickass: :worship:
Bears beat the Saints in a 39 to 14 in your face, snowcovered, kick ass game!!
Thomas Jones alone made the game exciting to watch, and the D-fense finally seemed to come back to life!! It's about freaking time eh?
I'm still wondering about the fact that when we WERE in scoring position, Rex just couldn't seem to get that pass in the end zone.....anyway lotta good turnovers, another safety (gotta LOVE those safeties hehehehe), lotta good plays, on both sides even.....we just came out victorious :kickass:
OK, now that my heart has slowed back down to normal pace.....
OFF TO MIAMI AND THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!
GO BEARS!!!!:worship: :headbang:
~Annie

It's going to be a GREAT game down in Miami. The 1985/6 season was half my life ago! 'bout friggin' time! :) I'm having flashbacks about being in Daley Center Plaza for the parade in '86...

J-Dubya - Who thinks the pointing, tumbling rookie on the Saints pissed off enough of the defense to fire them up. He got popped hard a few times after that, like a zit on prom night! :lol:

SUPERBOWL bound indeed!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I'm so glad they turned it up on the Saints and beat the shit
out of them but that still hasn't silenced the critics and
the so called experts who still think we don't belong in the
SB. All I can say is F U and we'll see what the "experts"
have to say after we destroy the Colts...I just hope we don't
let up at all! :headbang:

image001.jpg

I think this says it all.......

J-Dubya

^ No offense, but I think stuff like this is stupid. I must admit that I'm not a sports fan anymore, like back in the day. Haven't been for quite a while now. Again, no offense to those of you who are. IMO, spectator sports divert people's attention away from more important issues at hand. ;)

Hopefully all the Bears fans will act like the good sportsfolk that I think are (or can be) and avoid the post-game whining. (I hope...)

^ No offense, but I think stuff like this is stupid. I must admit that I'm not a sports fan anymore, like back in the day. Haven't been for quite a while now. Again, no offense to those of you who are. IMO, spectator sports divert people's attention away from more important issues at hand. ;)

Hopefully all the Bears fans will act like the good sportsfolk that I think are (or can be) and avoid the post-game whining. (I hope...)

None taken :)
But most of what is said here is taken in good humor, and if you know us Chicagoans, we LOVE our teams. Heck, how many of us out there are still die hard Cubs fans, or Sox fans, or Bulls fans, or Hawks fans?.....'nuff said lol...
As for the Superbowl......first play ROCKED....14 seconds into the game and I thought we were off to a good start, but after so many fumbles and interceptions I knew it wasn't meant to be.
A lot of people are blaming the loss on Grossman, which in some way is true....fumbled twice....got sacked twice for major losses, but the big D was letting the Colt's drive that ball methodically downfield for the victory. People are also saying that the weather was an issue....we have played in worse than that and have won....don't really know what happened, all I know is that they weren't ready for this, offensively, defensively, just all around not ready.....now we wait, and wait, and wait til next season.....maybe Lovie will see the error in his ways, and start working more with the offensive line and the quarterback, and realise it isn't always a defensive game hehehehe
Til next year everyone!!!
GO BEARS!!!:headbang: :kickass:
~Annie
PS.....who out there was hoping that Prince would have had an accident and fell off the stage or something LOL....no offense, but I don't like him, never will.....just my opinion :)
PSS.....J-Dub, looks like that little purple pony kicked that big, bad bears A$$ ;) It must have had something to do with that rainbow.....:zombie:

None taken :)
But most of what is said here is taken in good humor, and if you know us Chicagoans, we LOVE our teams. Heck, how many of us out there are still die hard Cubs fans, or Sox fans, or Bulls fans, or Hawks fans?.....'nuff said lol...

Good. :) I think you're mostly right, too, except somewhere earlier in this thread there was some negative chatter about an opposing team member after one of our losses during the season that I found distasteful, but I guess it's just one of my new sensitivities showing. ;) No doubt da fans love da teams, though. Soon they'll be gearing up for the baseball season and last Sunday's disappointment will fade in its shadow.

As for the Superbowl......first play ROCKED....14 seconds into the game and I thought we were off to a good start, but after so many fumbles and interceptions I knew it wasn't meant to be.
A lot of people are blaming the loss on Grossman, which in some way is true....fumbled twice....got sacked twice for major losses, but the big D was letting the Colt's drive that ball methodically downfield for the victory. People are also saying that the weather was an issue....we have played in worse than that and have won....don't really know what happened, all I know is that they weren't ready for this, offensively, defensively, just all around not ready.....now we wait, and wait, and wait til next season.....maybe Lovie will see the error in his ways, and start working more with the offensive line and the quarterback, and realise it isn't always a defensive game hehehehe
Til next year everyone!!!
GO BEARS!!!:headbang: :kickass:
~Annie

I didn't watch the game so I'll defer to the rest of the community for further comment in that respect. I hope they don't whine, though. :p

PS.....who out there was hoping that Prince would have had an accident and fell off the stage or something LOL....no offense, but I don't like him, never will.....just my opinion :)

I did hear about the 1/2 time entertainment. Interesting that he paid tribute to Mr. Dylan knowing that a lot of younger people associate that song with Jimi. :heh:

I didn't watch the game so I'll defer to the rest of the community for further comment in that respect. I hope they don't whine, though. :p

Hmm.....looks like we are on the same page with the "whine" factor....except it doesn't just happen here....seems that a few forums I check out lately caught the "whine flu" if ya know what I mean hehehe ;)
Guess there will always be a few in every bunch...don't get me wrong I get up on that proverbial soapbox now and then too, but only when I'm TRULY passionate about something.....most of the whiners just do it cause they can it seems.
Someone needs to put up a smiley face with masking tape over it's mouth so I can use it to tell them all to (as Rob's avie on the Chicago P-fest forum so eloquently says) "quit yer bitchin!!" ;)
~Annie:loco:

As fan and fanatic go hand and hand
read that a Chicago Bear's Fan said he'd change his name to Peyton Manning
if the Bears lost the Super Bowl thought that was bizarre but maybe Peyton Manning is better name than Rex Grossman in Chicago???

O/T hope my ChiTown sister and brothers are keeping warm :devil:

Horrible game. I was at Swedish Covenant Hospital watching it with my dad.
I won't whine, but I will say that as a fan of football in general, and the Bears in particular, I think I have earned the right to say bad things about my hometown team. Grossman was pathetic, there was no pass rush, the whole team didn't show up for the game. The QB job in Chicago better be open when training camp starts, enough with the blind trust in Wrex!

J-Dubya - I'd rather give up on football than root for the (Fudge) Packers