Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

ya know. i think thats what i like about my job. the ability to study foreign policy. its really what i want to do in my life. hopefully i can get into the defense attache world and get my foot into the embassy system door.

ok, enough for now. back after the brazil game...
~gR~

I tried to join the Marines, but my bad knee prevented it...

My friend told me he was in the military, and then he told me he was going back but he fucked up his knee. After that, I goaded him into admitting he made it to basic and fucked up his knee really bad and couldn't go back until it was better, then he told me was going to take the oath a few weeks ago, but found out he knocked up some chick and didn't, etc.

At this point I'm starting to wonder what else he's lied about to my face.

My friend told me he was in the military, and then he told me he was going back but he fucked up his knee. After that, I goaded him into admitting he made it to basic and fucked up his knee really bad and couldn't go back until it was better, then he told me was going to take the oath a few weeks ago, but found out he knocked up some chick and didn't, etc.

I hurt my knee years ago. I tried to enlist about a year ago, right around when my son was born. Your friend seems a little... :erk:

People like that aren't so much lying as fantasizing.

Apparently I can be disqualified from service for having ADD, but I haven't been on meds for years so I guess I'm okay.

Oh yeah, I gave you all my reasons why not to join any branch. However, if you were to go through with it, I highly advise either the Air Force, since it's the easiest and you shouldn't have any kind of transitionary issues, or go Marines to challenge yourself.

I am too much of a pussy to join the Marines. I am not even considering them or the Navy.

If you don't think you could hack it in the Navy, you are a pussy, no doubt. That's what joining the military is all about man, growing some balls and proving to yourself you can do some really amazing things if you set your mind to it.

Apparently I can be disqualified from service for having ADD, but I haven't been on meds for years so I guess I'm okay.

Oh god, big deal. Your ADD can't be that bad, you did graduate college with a finance degree. You're just looking for reasons to talk yourself out of it is what it looks like.

If you don't think you could hack it in the Navy, you are a pussy, no doubt. That's what joining the military is all about man, growing some balls and proving to yourself you can do some really amazing things if you set your mind to it.

I'm not too pussy to do the Navy. I just don't want to be on a boat (with my flippy floppies) for months or years at a time.

Oh god, big deal. Your ADD can't be that bad, you did graduate college with a finance degree. You're just looking for reasons to talk yourself out of it is what it looks like.

There are guidelines about ADD/ADHD, but I haven't been on medication for over 12 months so I'm fine.