Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

man, its crazy people care about asvab scores. once you get your job, no one should care until you try to retrain. it was really bad with the guys i worked with in kadena. first it was asvab scores. and then when we all finished our CDCs, it was the CDC test score. its the nerd equivalent to "my penis is bigger than yours"

some people may have scored higher than me, but i'm the one pullin all the awards... although i really hate these damn quarterly awards too. but it helps pad the EPR
~gR~

I don't even know what I scored on the asvab to be honest. I think it was 78? Is that a good score? lol fuck i dont know

yeah, thats pretty good. if you were air force there would only be 1 job you wouldnt qualify for (scientist/engineer). i think they want an 80 or 85 for that
~gR~

It's nothing to be ashamed of. GT Score is the big deal anyway, in regards to MOS selection. Anything over 110 is good for only bragging rights if I remember right. 110 will qualify you for pretty much any MOS.

Air Force is the best branch for someone who has above average-above average intelligence. Though honestly, I don't know why anyone would not go in as an officer.

how do you guys do the scoring? its obviously not a percentile like the AF
~gR~

Well there is the overall ASVAB score, then there is the different breakdown categories, of which all I remember off the top of my head is just the "GT" score, because that is the score the Marine Corps uses for job placement.

Mathiäs;8369757 said:
Air Force is the best branch for someone who has above average-above average intelligence. Though honestly, I don't know why anyone would not go in as an officer.

I didn't go Air Force (even though I am more than qualified for any job in the Air Force) because I wanted to be completely challenged.....and the Marine Corps uniforms are waaaaaay better.