Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

i am sad. i liked his music and videos as a kid. but i am also glad he went before life got more shitty. i wanna go around 50 too

Too bad for my childhood hero :(:(
What a big loss to the music. even tho he hasn't add anything since 2001, but it pisses me off when i see all those fuckers in the music scene and the good ones are gone.. :(

Perhaps you should carefully read the portion of my post that you yourself quoted in your post. Go on. :)

I know you suggested that banning guns wouldn't end gun violence in the U.S., but you were implying that they should be banned ideally, and I was arguing that they should not. Apparently I argued that pretty well since you only attacked one sentence in my post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8118721.stm

Gazprom seals $2.5bn Nigeria deal

Russia's energy giant Gazprom has signed a $2.5bn (£1.53bn) deal with Nigeria's state operated NNPC, to invest in a new joint venture.

The new firm, to be called Nigaz, is set to build refineries, pipelines and gas power stations in Nigeria.

Analysts say the move could further strengthen Russia's role in supplying natural gas to Europe.

The agreement comes during a four-day African tour by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

As well as forming Nigaz, Russia is keen on developing a trans-African pipeline to transport Nigerian gas to Europe.

This could further reinforce Gazprom's already-strong influence over Europe's energy supplies.

:lol: Nigaz be makin' a muthafuckin gas pipeline up in this muthafuck.

The silver lining to the Honduras coup is that it was actually opposed by the US. We're finally getting past the Cold War mentality of anything left of center equaling communism.

Not to mention military regimes in Latin America have always been awful. Way worse than semi-authoritarian leftists like Chavez.

Robert Gibbs getting his shit handed to him by the press corps:

Following a testy exchange during today’s briefing with White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, veteran White House correspondent Helen Thomas told CNSNews.com that not even Richard Nixon tried to control the press the way President Obama is trying to control the press.

“Nixon didn’t try to do that,” Thomas said. “They couldn’t control (the media). They didn’t try.

“What the hell do they think we are, puppets?” Thomas said. “They’re supposed to stay out of our business. They are our public servants. We pay them.”

Thomas said she was especially concerned about the arrangement between the Obama Administration and a writer from the liberal Huffington Post Web site. The writer was invited by the White House to President Obama’s press conference last week on the understanding that he would ask Obama a question about Iran from among questions that had been sent to him by people in Iran.

“When you call the reporter the night before you know damn well what they are going to ask to control you,” Thomas said.

“I’m not saying there has never been managed news before, but this is carried to fare-thee-well--for the town halls, for the press conferences,” she said. “It’s blatant. They don’t give a damn if you know it or not. They ought to be hanging their heads in shame.”

During today’s briefing, Thomas interrupted a back-and-forth between Gibbs and Chip Reid, the White House correspondent for CBS News, when Reid was questioning Gibbs about who was going to decide what questions would be asked of President Obama in a townhall meeting that was scheduled to take place in Annandale, Va., today.

Gibbs then had an exchange involving Reid and Thomas that went as follows:

Gibbs: “… But, again, let's--How about we do this? I promise we will interrupt the AP's tradition of asking the first question. I will let you [Chip Reid] ask me a question tomorrow as to whether you thought the questions at the town hall meeting that the President conducted in Annandale—“

Chip Reid: “I'm perfectly happy to—”

Helen Thomas: “That's not his point. The point is the control--”

Reid: “Exactly.”

Thomas: “We have never had that in the White House. And we have had some, but not-- This White House.”

Gibbs: “Yes, I was going to say, I'll let you amend her question.”

Thomas: “I'm amazed. I'm amazed at you people who call for openness and transparency and—”

Gibbs: “Helen, you haven't even heard the questions.”

Reid: “It doesn't matter. It's the process.”

Thomas: “You have left open—”

Reid: “Even if there's a tough question, it's a question coming from somebody who was invited or was screened, or the question was screened.”

Thomas: “It's shocking. It's really shocking.”

Gibbs: “Chip, let's have this discussion at the conclusion of the town hall meeting. How about that?”

Reid: “Okay.”

Gibbs: “I think—“

Thomas: “No, no, no, we're having it now--”

Gibbs: “Well, I'd be happy to have it now.”

Thomas: “It's a pattern.”

Gibbs: “Which question did you object to at the town hall meeting, Helen?”

Thomas: “It's a pattern. It isn't the question—”

Gibbs: “What's a pattern?”

Thomas: “It's a pattern of controlling the press.”

Gibbs: “How so? Is there any evidence currently going on that I'm controlling the press--poorly, I might add.”

Thomas: “Your formal engagements are pre-packaged.”

Gibbs: “How so?”

Reid: “Well, and controlling the public—”

Thomas: “How so? By calling reporters the night before to tell them they're going to be called on. That is shocking.”

Gibbs: “We had this discussion ad nauseam and—”

Thomas: “Of course you would, because you don't have any answers.”

Gibbs: “Well, because I didn't know you were going to ask a question, Helen.
Go ahead.”

Thomas: “Well, you should have.”

Reporter: Thank you for your support.

Gibbs: “That's good. Have you e-mailed your question today?”

Thomas: “I don't have to e-mail it. I can tell you right now what I want to ask.”

Gibbs: “I don't doubt that at all, Helen. I don't doubt that at all.”

Thomas, 89, has covered the White House during every presidency since John F. Kennedy’s.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=50445

Video of the exchange:

http://www.breitbart.tv/white-house-reporters-grill-gibbs-over-selected-questions-for-obama/

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize how much of a mistake it was electing this douche to office.

anyone got one of dem der 20p's with the printing error on? my dad got one today goddomot i want one im skint :(
_45984854_20p.jpg

Do you honestly think McCain would have been better? The only thing that the American people are really electing in this era of the presidential process is their preference in social issues, whether they lean conservative or liberal, and the facade of economic issues, when in reality the results wind up the same. And of course we also vote for a figurehead. Overall, it doesn't really matter who you vote for because they're all essentially the same when it comes to the issues that most people don't even realize matter. I prefer Obama over McCain because I'm socially liberal and I like the fact that he can actually speak coherently, will not die in office (of natural causes anyway), and is internationally respected, bolstering the American image to the international community. But they're both career politicians and thus inherently a bad choice.