Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

It depends, did he cover his mouth and giggle, then either prance out of the room or prance towards your man-beef?

Trotting of some sort may also be an acceptable form of movement. Remember they're like show horses - always going after male carrots.

Homosexuality is not a "sin" because "sin" doesn't actually exist, btw. And as Cookiecutter mentioned, the military is a public institution that is supposed to be free of discrimination against things that do not pertain to one's individual performance in completing one's duties. Whether or not it makes other people feel uncomfortable is utterly irrelevant to the issue. Whether or not most homosexuals will try to suck everybody's dicks while they're sleeping and thus result in them being dishonorably discharged for being fucking stupid is not sufficient grounds for disallowing all gay people from serving anyway, even if that ridiculous stereotype had any sufficient backing. And finally, most dudes in the military find out what a dick tastes like at least once during their service on their own anyway.

Games will consume us

I am done with the gays in the military thing. It will downgrade the military, just like women in the military (and I am not talking about clerical work) has downgraded it's abilities. As far as the Israeli military goes, they aren't as good as they get credit for, they just get all our technology and training experts. They got pretty embarrassed in their last few military operations.

@dg: Well if it's irrelevant whether a person's actions make other people uncomfortable, I guess it's cool for the "God hates fags" people to be obnoxious.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds totally believable and not like absolute bullshit.

Nice try at insulting my intelligence though.

Pessimism's post is good, btw. Other countries have done away with this silliness, yet the religious right of America is keeping us behind the times as fucking usual. Good job guys. You sure know how to suck. I'm sure Dakryn, however, has done his own research on this and found some ludicrous, ham-fisted study that positively links consumed "toxins" (aka harmless additive chemicals found in prepared food, etc.) found solely in American food to the rise of the effeminate gay man. :erk:

What the fuck is your problem ? That was a fair question, and HAS been my experience. So I simply asked what your exposure was. I can only assume by your failure to answer and that you have not made one reference during this entire subject that your exposure is 0%.

I am not religious, not one bit so it has far less to do with religion than personal choice of many not wanting to be exposed to it, same as many not wanting to have to work with woman AND VISA VERSA.

Get with the program, you DID just insult your own intellegence.

@DG: Well if it's irrelevant whether a person's actions make other people uncomfortable, I guess it's cool for the "God hates fags" people to be obnoxious.

"Being homosexual" is not an action. Just like "being black" or "being an idiot" are not actions.

Sure it is. One can completely change one's beliefs, but it's impossible to stop/start being gay. Also, what was the point you were trying to make with this statement?

Brains hardwired believe in god

Also, it is possible to stop/start being attracted to members of the opposite sex. Where did you get that idea? Maybe not in 100% of cases, but in many.

@V5: Ragarding "ham fisted study", do some research on the affects of unfermented soy products, Bisphenol A, rbST, GMO foods, etc. etc.

In general, the only people saying anything good about the above products are the industries that make money off of them.Many checmicals affect testosterone/estrogen/glandular function in the body, and by throwing the male/female hormones out of balance create a lot of problems. Male infertility is on the rise in the developed world, etc.

Brains hardwired believe in god

Also, it is possible to stop/start being attracted to members of the opposite sex. Where did you get that idea? Maybe not in 100% of cases, but in many.

I don't think a rather uncritical news story from a paper with a right-wing Christian agenda really proves much. Not to say I'm discounting the study out of hand, but it would be far more worthwhile to look at a critical analysis of it. Personally I could believe that certain hard-wired psychological behaviours predicate faith, but I find it hard to accept that faith itself is hard-wired; more likely we have a tendency to seek some kind of explanation of our existence.

The current scientific consensus on sexuality is that it's formed by a combination of genetic and social factors, so you're kind of right on that. As far as I know there's no scientific evidence of a causal relationship between hormonal balance and sexuality though, dunno where you're getting from.

"This distinction allows us to believe in the supernatural, to conjure up imaginary friends - and to conceive of gods, this week's New Scientist reports."

Oh boy, the part in our brain that conjures up IMAGINARY friends is the same part that conceives God, woop-di-fucking-doo!

It is well known that when children are young they tend to cling to various things their subconscious creates, since they're young and don't know much.

"Belief in God" isn't the point of the article, it's merely a bias that can be found throughout the text:
Asked about the idea of pre-programming, the Oxford University professor said: 'I am thoroughly happy with believing that children are predisposed to believe in invisible gods - I always was.

Either way, they even mention the point in the center of the article:

Evolution predisposes children to swallow whatever their parents and elders tell them, he argues, as trust and obedience are important for survival.

[Insert quote above]

'But I also find that indoctrination hypothesis plausible. The two influences could, and I suspect do, reinforce one another.'

All he is referring to is brain plasticity, which is an old and well documented trait all people go through.

I have seen studies suggesting people are hardwired to be spiritual, but nothing besides religious propaganda that states humans are hardwired to believe in any specific deity.

Dakryn: do you have any sources to back up your theory on homosexuality? If so, please share them.