Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Dak, libertarianism and classical liberalism tends to get conflated with pop-conservatism/jingoism these days, because people are either unable or unwilling to comprehend basic distinctions when it comes to this sort of stuff. I honestly have no clue what makes you flagwaving.

I tried to use it to mean something that apparently only I thought of (duhr derp), but it apparently means overly patriotic, and I did not know this. DERPA DER?!

Well unless you found out something other than

Excessive or fanatical patriotism; chauvinism.

a. an emotional appeal or display intended to arouse patriotic or nationalistic feeling

I assumed everyone knew what the term meant, I just really don't think I am that specifically nationalistic or patriotic, as people like that generally tend to completely overlook any faults in their own country/leadership.

Edit: But I was in the MARINES SO DERPA DERP AMERICA DERPA DERP!!!

I am fairly suspicious at this point that Alex Jones is a stooge as well, since he is actually pretty patriotic, he just doesn't put out the bullshit that Beck does.

Edit: As far as "adopting a persona", I just don't talk about this stuff IRL (anymore) with people who aren't interested in hearing it, and I rarely post anything of the sort here (anymore) either. As I said, I can't help but respond though when some bullshit gets posted.

I feel like the current events are such that I am being proven right at a frightening pace as western civ countries are pretty much crumbling before our eyes, we are just in the early stages.

Here's something Dakryn would like, which I agree with, know about, yet am pretty much powerless to do anything about other than complain about it on an Internet forum.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

However, Dakryn...you commonly profess that overall there's no real difference between Republicans and Democrats, but when you get down to it, there kind of is; liberals (commonly Democratic-leaning, of course) just don't fucking do stupid shit like this (such as form fringe ridiculous parties of crazy motherfuckers with Keith Olbermann as their lord and master, etc.), most of the real progressives are left-leaning (except people like Ron Paul, whose ideas are usually pretty good in theory, I'll admit, but whose policies probably wouldn't work in practice without major overhauls to how the country works, which could take generations we may not even have :p), and the Republicans (Neocons, really) are pretty much the party of fear and saying "no" to everything anyone else tries to push, no matter how beneficial it may be.

tl;dr: both parties might suck but if I have to go with one I'd go liberal/Democratic, given the current political climate, for several reasons detailed above, meaning this isn't really a "tl;dr" because you still have to read the post to get my point; owned.

Here's something Dakryn would like, which I agree with, know about, yet am pretty much powerless to do anything about other than complain about it on an Internet forum.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

However, Dakryn...you commonly profess that overall there's no real difference between Republicans and Democrats, but when you get down to it, there kind of is; liberals (commonly Democratic-leaning, of course) just don't fucking do stupid shit like this (such as form fringe ridiculous parties of crazy motherfuckers with Keith Olbermann as their lord and master, etc.), most of the real progressives are left-leaning (except people like Ron Paul, whose ideas are usually pretty good in theory, I'll admit, but whose policies probably wouldn't work in practice without major overhauls to how the country works, which could take generations we may not even have :p), and the Republicans (Neocons, really) are pretty much the party of fear and saying "no" to everything anyone else tries to push, no matter how beneficial it may be.

tl;dr: both parties might suck but if I have to go with one I'd go liberal/Democratic, given the current political climate, for several reasons detailed above, meaning this isn't really a "tl;dr" because you still have to read the post to get my point; owned.

I read pretty fast, so it takes a Doden's Steelers post or anything from the Greys to be tl;dr.

The problem is that whether or not someone is "left" or "right" leaning, both sides lean towards more government control, just in different areas, and since we bounce back and forth from one failed administration/congress to another, we get more government control in all areas.

As far as billionaires bankrolling the Tea Party, that was after it started, and the billionaires bankrolling it have veered it off from a grassroots organization with libertarian roots to a Republican cheer-squad.

I am actually no longer a supporter of Ron Paul, not due to voting history or even necessarily his political stance, but his Masonic involvement. But I digress.

Government fucks up almost everything it touches except anything that has to do with force. Military, law enforcement, etc. Social programs done voluntarily at a local level would be 100x better than the tax-siphoning excuses for "welfare" we currently have.

^Exactly. Though, say, we would be much better off if Olbermann had as large and fanatical a following as Beck does. @Vs

Social programs done voluntarily at a local level would be 100x better than the tax-siphoning excuses for "welfare" we currently have.

I can get behind this.

@Dak: well, at least he's a smarter stooge who appeals to a much more logical mindset than Glenn fucking Beck, probably the biggest retard in the limelight at the moment.