Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Exactly like we did with Vietnam, and we are now in Iraq.
Also, it may not be the Depression, but the economy is heading into a serious recession right now.
These are the exact reasons I support isolationism.

Well guess what, our economy and the global economy are virtually synonymous.

We were committed to keeping the peace in Iraq? We were committed to making sure Vietnam wasn't Communist? I'll give you Kosovo because that was a UN decision, which if we're going to be a part of, we must abide by. But I don't see how we were committed to these other things.

We weren't talking about Iraq or Vietnam, so this post is pointless.

Well, I could write a paper on how Jesus was an astronaut from the planet ZZHLKHJL and give you a source to back it up.

He may be a hobo, but he is, technically, a source.

Why did you even bother to say this?

Exactly like we did with Vietnam, and we are now in Iraq.
Also, it may not be the Depression, but the economy is heading into a serious recession right now.
These are the exact reasons I support isolationism.

We're kinda part of a global power structure, you know. We're committed to playing a role in that balancing act.

Please learn how foreign policy works before attempting to debate about it.

We weren't talking about Iraq or Vietnam, so this post is pointless.

Why did you even bother to say this?

Please learn how foreign policy works before attempting to debate about it.
Iraq and Vietnam are the primary reasons I believe in isolationism.

That wasn't to you

You can just quit being an asshole and just accept my views. I'm not persecuting you for yours. They're probably more feasible than mine are. I know my beliefs are not ever going to happen, I'm not arguing that. I just think and wish that was the way it was.

You can just quit being an asshole and just accept my views. I'm not persecuting you for yours. They're probably more feasible than mine are. I know my beliefs are not ever going to happen, I'm not arguing that. I just think and wish that was the way it was.

:lol: You engage in a debate with me, and then tell me to accept your view when you've lost the debate?

I suggest not holding a flawed worldview, so that you don't come across as naive and illogical when debating your view with others.

Well, if you want to talk values: why exactly is it so bad for the government of one country to help out another, more disadvantaged country? Isn't that just common decency?

Charity is completely different from an Iraqi type situation, which is the type of thing that I'm primarily against.
edit: for example, I had absolutely no problem with the U.S. giving aid to the tsunami victims, because it in no way jeopardized human lives.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure exactly what degree of isolationism you were advocating at first.

The Iraq war was started for bullshit reasons anyway, so it's not like it was part of proper globalist doctrine so much as just a power-hungry move on the part of our government.