Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Because you can't think for yourself or are too dumb to care about things that directly affect you on a daily basis whether you realize them or not? If neither of these, why, cuz I'm stumped...

Re: the Palin op-ed piece, she said that they weren't endangered because putting them on the endangered list would interfere with drilling, as Krig (passingly) mentioned. Check out the logic there lol

Because you can't think for yourself or are too dumb to care about things that directly affect you on a daily basis whether you realize them or not? If neither of these, why, cuz I'm stumped...

Re: the Palin op-ed piece, she said that they weren't endangered because putting them on the endangered list would interfere with drilling, as Krig (passingly) mentioned. Check out the logic there lol

No need to pull shit out of your ass buddy. If you actually believe those then I almost feel sorry for you. It's painfully obvious as to why I don't vote; because politicians are morons and never fall in line with my beliefs or opinions. So why vote for some rich snob who is going to do whatever they want anyways? Since you are so much smarter than me though you must have oodles of reasons to vote right? If you would be so kind, I'd like to hear them.

Neither of these candidates deserve the white house in my opinion, and I've pretty much said that from day one.

I watched a bunch of McCain revealed last night and I loled at how he never read the emergency shit when he was a pilot since he was dicking around. And he nearly died because of it and they asked his friend "did this near death experience change him?" and his friend replied "no, not at all, after that he just wanted to go to the club again."

No need to pull shit out of your ass buddy. If you actually believe those then I almost feel sorry for you. It's painfully obvious as to why I don't vote; because politicians are morons and never fall in line with my beliefs or opinions. So why vote for some rich snob who is going to do whatever they want anyways? Since you are so much smarter than me though you must have oodles of reasons to vote right? If you would be so kind, I'd like to hear them.

Neither of these candidates deserve the white house in my opinion, and I've pretty much said that from day one.

Because the reason for voting is that it's symbolic of your appreciation and emotional attachment to the country that allowed you to vote on a leader in the first place. The old apathy thing just doesn't work in this day and age; it's now closer to "I'm too lazy/dumb to care about politics so I'll just paint it as not caring so I at least get kewl points".

It's your prerogative not to vote, but at least have some common sense, do some research and stop being a baby about this kind of thing.

From http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104354:

According to PhillyBurbs.com, the New Jersey man who killed his mother and then stabbed an 11-year-old boy to death claiming that he was influenced by a METALLICA song about a boy who "lost my way this bloody day" when he committed the crime is asking the court to throw out the 2004 guilty plea that sent him to prison for 50 years.

Ronald Pituch, 33, was in Superior Court yesterday for a status hearing on an application he filed himself from New Jersey State Prison, where he is serving a term that would keep him behind bars until he is at least 76 years old.

Pituch claims he did not "know the full extent of my guilty plea" due to what he said was excessive medication for a psychiatric disorder. He is a paranoid schizophrenic who, at the time of his killing spree, refused to take his medication, according to family members.

At his January 2005 sentencing, Pituch told the court that he thought the METALLICA song "Ronnie" had been directed at him. The song tells of a boy who "never laughed, never smiled, talked alone for miles and miles and miles."

In the song, nothing happens in a quiet town until Ronnie pulls a gun, and the children "all fall down, down, down."

Family members said Pituch had stopped taking his medication in the days before the killings, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

A day before the killings, Pituch called Nikki Roberts, an Evesham resident who years earlier was a classmate of his at Shawnee High School in Medford.

He became angry and asked whether she was a METALLICA fan.

"I don't know what all this [expletive] means," he told her. "I must be the son of Satan or something."

Because the reason for voting is that it's symbolic of your appreciation and emotional attachment to the country that allowed you to vote on a leader in the first place.

That's good and all, but voting for the sake of voting is worse than not voting. Like I stated earlier, I don't like either candidate, and don't think either deserve the white house. So I'm still confused as to how that makes me lazy and/or too stupid to think for myself.

The old apathy thing just doesn't work in this day and age; it's now closer to "I'm too lazy/dumb to care about politics so I'll just paint it as not caring so I at least get kewl points".

It's pretty obvious to me now that you don't know what you are talking about and are just making stuff up. I'm the last person in the world who is going to do something to earn "kewl points." All this is boiling down to is you trying to take a cheap shot on me for no reason at all and failing miserably. Not like this is the first time you've ever done this.

It's your prerogative not to vote, but at least have some common sense, do some research and stop being a baby about this kind of thing.

Horaay, you actually said something that makes sense! You're right, it is my prerogative to not vote. However, making the claim that I lack common sense and am being a baby about the situation just trumped your one and only good point.

Palin is scary as fuck. Being I'm as far left as anyone I obviously disagree with everything she stands for, but seriously. She's one of ultra conservative types who tries to ban classics at school libraries.

Horaay, you actually said something that makes sense! You're right, it is my prerogative to not vote. However, making the claim that I lack common sense and am being a baby about the situation just trumped your one and only good point.

If this particular election happened to be a special case in which you were, say, totally deadlocked on both major candidates' views and qualifications, and were abstaining solely because you thought either would do as good a job, then that might be understandable. But you specifically said that you don't vote [i.e. at all], which does in fact make you socially irresponsible and undeserving of the democracy you live in.

I called Palin an idiot to day in my government class and the assistant got pissed off. I was asked why and I said she was a creationist. McCain just made a stupid choice, not only has Palin done stupid things in her professional life, but also in her personal life. And iirc most women favor Obama.

Yeah, in case you weren't aware F&F, McCain's approval rating shot up after he announced Palin as his running mate, apparently even exceeding Obama's. It's really pathetic.