Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

My summer job is usually at a baseball camp that hosts over a thousand kids per week, so I guess that puts me at greater risk of infection. However, I pretty much never get sick, and when I do it's more of an inconvenience than an actual illness so I'm generally not intimidated by diseases. When I was dating my ex, she would come down with something pretty bad, I would kiss her anyway and maybe I'd get it too, but usually not. Even when I did, I never got nearly as sick as she did and I was always better before she was.

Confront me unholy ones
Bastard saints scorn of the earth
I summon thee now poison me
Death under will burn in my soul

Exalt me enemies of the lamb
Intrude - We are of one
Under will, I walk the path of sin
With your spells I die again

Raise me from mortal
My will be your will
My words speak your words
Your pains raise me to bliss

What of this anger now
Received to lance your enemy
I feel the energy
The poison moves in me
I spill blood

Scorn of the earth, I witness
In rapture I'm born again
Scorn of the light, I bear scorn
In rapture I'm reborn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8021301.stm
Israel renames unkosher swine flu

Litzman is one of eight ultra-Orthodox members of the government team
Israeli Health Minister Yakov Litzman has been updating a nervous public on the swine flu epidemic - and he started by renaming it for religious reasons.

"We will call it Mexican flu. We won't call it swine flu," said Mr Litzman, who belongs to the ultra-religious United Torah Judaism party.

Pigs are considered unclean under Jewish dietary laws and pork is also banned for Israel's Muslim minority.

Israel has yet to confirm a case of the flu which has claimed 100 lives.

Mr Litzman said there was no indication the virus had reached Israel, but precautionary measures and monitoring wwer required because of the heavy air traffic between Israel and the US, which has a number of confirmed cases.

Religiously sensitive

Yakov Litzman serves as deputy health minister in the recently-formed government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who took the position of health minister himself.

Mr Litzman is one of eight ultra-Orthodox Jewish ministers and deputy ministers in Mr Netanyahu's administration.

Correspondents in Israel say scientists are concerned the new religiously sensitive name could could be seen as stigmatising Mexico.

The North American country has had the most cases of swine flu, but it is not necessarily where the disease first emerged.

Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by a type of influenza which usually infects pigs.

Until now it has not normally infected humans, but the latest form clearly does, and can be spread from person to person - probably through coughing and sneezing.

There is no evidence that it can be transmitted through eating meat from infected pigs.
~gR~

probably the fact that anyone who catches it is even more unpure because of its name

however, associating yourself with mexico is more offensive than a pig...
~gR~

A 26-year-old Israeli man was hospitalized Sunday in Netanya after returning from Mexico with signs of swine flu, local news service Ynet reported.

The man has been isolated and doctors are trying to determine whether he has been infected with the swine flu virus, which has led to the death of dozens of people in Mexico, said the report.

reply to Gr

now some in the US are looking for a new name for the flu. largely pig farmers, claiming it will sink profits

in other news, i'm have pork fried rice tonight
~gR~

There's really no good name for it. Calling it the Mexican flu just unfairly stigmatizes Mexico just as calling it swine flu stigmatizes eating pork products. It's just stupid overreaction by people. You can't get it by eating pork and it hasn't killed nearly as many people as the regular flu has this year.