Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

The only time that I've ever gotten the flu before is when I had the vaccinations. Also, back in the 70's, during the last swine flu scare, they rushed together vaccinations and the vaccines killed over 40 people. The actual swine flu itself only killed 1 person.

There are so many dumb things about what you just said that I'm struggling to formulate a response...but I'll try...

1. Um...k? Post hoc ergo propter hoc, brah.
2. That was the FUCKING 70'S. HIPPIES WERE MAKING THE MEDICINE.
3. I think the media is overreacting to it, of course, but you have to understand that a disease like this starts slow and is quite communicable and begins to spread rapidly, hence the chance for it to become a legitimate pandemic.

There are so many dumb things about what you just said that I'm struggling to formulate a response...but I'll try...

1. Um...k? Post hoc ergo propter hoc, brah.
2. That was the FUCKING 70'S. HIPPIES WERE MAKING THE MEDICINE.
3. I think the media is overreacting to it, of course, but you have to understand that a disease like this starts slow and is quite communicable and begins to spread rapidly, hence the chance for it to become a legitimate pandemic.

I've had flu shots about 5 times because of the fact that I have a lower immune system than most, everytime I got them, I got the flu.

Hippies weren't the problem, it was the fact that corrupt medicine companies produced it and they rushed when they did it.

There are better things to do to prevent getting "Swine" flu than getting a possibly tainted vaccine.

Why would you even get five vaccines if you knew it was because of your immune system being bad in the first place that ONE made you sick...? I believe you, just sayin'.

I know hippies weren't the problem, but the problem actually MAY HAVE LIED in the realm of doctors and medicine not being even close to as advanced as they are nowadays...that could've been part of the problem...just a bit. Maybe.

For YOU PERSONALLY, the best idea may not be to wait for a vaccine. That does NOT make it in everyone's best interest to not seek one out, however.

The health people raised it to a level 5 something. Second to the top.

Also, cases confirmed in Portland Maine. And a few in Lowell Mass.

Fuck, it's in New England now.

One confirmed case over here in Arizona so far. Some kid from my old elementary school has it apparently.

I cannot believe there are people here who think vaccinations are bad. That is beyond ridiculous.

@viewer:
Since flu vaccines are basically a tiny amount of the disease itself, it's not that surprising that you'd get sick from them if your immune system is abnormally weak. Maybe if you got a lighter vaccine it would work for you. Obviously most people don't have any problem with them though.

I cannot believe there are people here who think vaccinations are bad. That is beyond ridiculous.

@viewer:
Since flu vaccines are basically a tiny amount of the disease itself, it's not that surprising that you'd get sick from them if your immune system is abnormally weak. Maybe if you got a lighter vaccine it would work for you. Obviously most people don't have any problem with them though.

So you think vaccinations should be mandatory?