Dalriada - Hungarian folk metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Hungarians have a mighty good bash at the Finntroll Korpiklaani folk troll metal bandwagon and do it serious justice too. I'm sorry but this is just hellishly fun. If you don't like this you are the very definition of suck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that shits all over Korpiklaani! Thanks for sharing it!

That was one of the most enjoyable videos and songs I've seen and heard in a while :kickass:

I'm Ukrainian and growing up was exposed to alot of the ethnic folk music, so this type of music/metal is always a treat to hear.

Love the clean and harsh vocals and the lead singer looks like a keeper too :heh:

Would love to see them in the states!

Slightly confused as to why an eastern european folk metal band decided to name themselves after an ancient Gaelic kingdom in what is now Scotland and Ireland but hey...its good, so whatever! I appreciate pan-europeanism to a degree.

I'm not even a huge fan of that style of folk metal but that's loads of fun.

Slightly confused as to why an eastern european folk metal band decided to name themselves after an ancient Gaelic kingdom in what is now Scotland and Ireland but hey...its good, so whatever! I appreciate pan-europeanism to a degree.

THANK YOU. The band-name was setting off an "I've heard that word before" alarm and I couldn't quite place it. (It appears in Jacqueline Carey's "Kushiel" books.)

Still cool, though. :)