Damn leaked <_<

i can see why leakage would be a dissapointment
and sure we can speak of the benefits of downloading, leaks, ect, but I think my feeling on it is like this...

When I'm watching a movie, I don't like someone sitting there ruining the good parts by saying what's going to happen - especially the end.

I've been awaiting this new Amon Amarth cd, and to know it's leaked is kind of gay. I have no problem downloading at all (and of course it's my choice to go listen to the leaked material or not), I'm just trying to understand another side of the subject.

But yes, downloading has greately helped spread underground music.

I downloaded the album today, but I pre-ordered the digipack last week. I've done the same with their previous albums, often buying the vinyl and digipack of the same album. I think if your going to download a leaked album you should pre-order it, put your money where your mouth is.

By the way, it's fucking great, I thought Fate of Norns was good but not special like the previous albums. With Oden On Our Side is a stunning album, the title track especially will go down as one of the best tracks AA ever recorded.

Knarfi said:
:mad: Bahh your all just some patienceless hyperactive I-WANT-IT-NOW-kids!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correct ;) It's like with cookies... I just can't keep my hands out of the jar, when I know they are there :p

:loco:

I pre-ordered it and then downloaded it. I already paid for it so I decided what the hell.

Just like others said... I would have never known of Amon Amarth if I didn't download their music in the first place. Now I own all the albums except "The Crusher" (haven't seen it anywhere yet).

I pre-ordered it and then downloaded it. I already paid for it so I decided what the hell.

Just like others said... I would have never known of Amon Amarth if I didn't download their music in the first place. Now I own all the albums except "The Crusher" (haven't seen it anywhere yet).

album leaks are goign to happen..its just how the business is these days. there's not real way to stop it. And it does help people discover new music for themselves...as opposed to only listening to the shit MTV shoves down our throats.

In some ways it definately aides a band's success. Once you get to a certain point though...it does start to be detrimental to a band's financial success.

Anyway, I've heard the new AA...and I will definately be buying it when I get the chance. It is excellent.

I still don't get the big fuss about bragging because one got the "leaked" version of an album ... and so what?
You are such a big fan that you wait 2-3 or more years for an album to come but yet have to go download a leaked version 2-3 months before the album is finally released like you could not have waited the extra few weeks to listen to it.
It just shows me how fucking stupid people are on this planet. But yeah I can see how one's ego got that little extra boost by listening to a leaked AA album and telling us about it on the bands forum.
I've never been a fan of dowloading music online. There are enough bands out there with myspace pages, band sites, records company,... or even band members who have mp3 samples of their music or would gladly send you by post or email samples of their music ( I do it and always got replies to my requests) that's what the underground scene is all about. People keeping in touch with people, people mailing stuff, paying a band the 5 euros for them to send you their demos,... and not go download free shit of the internet in the sake of getting an early leaked version or just to have a "what they sound like" idea. Fuck that shit. Some cd's I buy and love, some I buy and just can't get into it.

As for me, there is not one week when I am not in touch with a band about their music, could they be from the corner of some spanish town to some city in far east europe. People and bands reply and like when people ask them about their music.

Happy to see lots of you guys already ordered it :).
Somewhere i always have that feeling that its going to be more intense if you dont download and wait until the release. then rush up the store, buy the cd and blow those notes thru your stereo. For me, it makes the surprise and experience much better.

But hell, thats just me :).

Nahh..Gods of war arise reminds me a lot of masters of war. It's got a nice sound rolling throughout the whole thing though.