Dan, how do we get you to Australia?

Souldrinker

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2005
Dan,

there's a group of us metal heads from near Sydney that are die-hard Nightingale fans. No joking, we love the shit (I listen to it every day and let my students listen to it whenever I get the chance).

To cut to the chase, what needs to happen to get you to Australia?

Would we need to organise a promoter? What size crowds you looking at needing in order to justify the tour? Plenty of places to crash, because all our houses would be open to you across Australia, and you would be well embraced by the Aussie metal heads.

So, once again, what needs to happen to get you Down Under? We'd LOVE to have you down here as our guest so you can show Australia what a real musician sounds like!

Cheers, cobbler.

Well, there are a couple of decent sized gigs that are held each year in different parts of Australia.

To be honest, Australia doesn't get huge crowds when compared to other countries I dont think. Dismember recently packed out the Marquee with about 450 people or so, and from what I could tell they really enjoyed the gig.

Nightingale could be placed on the card for Bloodlust or Armageddon Adelaide or GoatStorm or something that would be guaranteed a decent crowd.

Basically just wondering what Dan thinks need to be bottom line elements in order to make the journey worth his while. If I can get some info on this then It would be easier to see if we could find a nice place for Nightingale on the calendar.

Hi

I've been working on several international and local (non-metal) tours in Australia over the past year. I'm looking to start my own promotions company, sadly every man and his dog in Australia has decieded to become a heavy metal promoter. This is great as a fan but terrible for buisiness.

I met Dan in 2004 in Sweden and would love to see Nightingale here, but unless Dan were to come out with some kind of EoS reunion show, i can't see it working out financially. :-(

It could happen...

Souldrinker said:
Dan,

there's a group of us metal heads from near Sydney that are die-hard Nightingale fans. QUOTE]
I'm not the only one:OMG:
So where abouts do you live, it would be nice to be able to talk to other Nightingale fans.
Its frustrating living in a town where everyones either Hip hop, bubble-gum pop or Emo

It would be great to get Nightingale, or any other Dan Swanö related band down in Australia. We don't get a lot of metal acts down here, but when they do come out, the shows are usually almost sold out.

Bands with smaller followings then Nightingale have come to Australia and have done alright. If you support the band with some well known local bands, you'll pull a much bigger crowd. For example, Behemoth are playing here next month, and while I'm hardly a fan at all, the support acts alone are worth seeing.

Anyway, there are plenty of Nightingale fans down here that would step over their own mothers just see them play.