Dan Swanö out of Bloodbath

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Here is his post on Bloodbath.biz

Hi there!!

I figured there would be a lot of questions circulating about "me out of Bloodbath" so I just would like to make a few comments before the rumours kicks in. I received an email from Blakkheim today where I saw that my services as a member of Bloodbath was no longer required.
I Must admit I didn´t see that one coming!!
But... can totally see what the other guys are thinking about. (Tried to do the same to the E.O.S. guys in 97 .......but that one backfired pretty badly..ha, ha!!)

Blakkheim and Jonas are touring musicians, living off their metal and I would just be "in their way" with the constant "Sorry I can´t go on tour because bla bla bla", that´s cool..
Concerning the musical differences, I am a bit confused. As far as I can remember, I haven´t even discussed the direction of my future Bloodbath tracks. The announcement say that I tried to get Bloodbath in a Moontower/Crimson direction...that is not right...I have toyed with the idea to make a new album, using my own name, and revisit the style of those albums...oh yes...what is a bit funny is that I actually wanted to write a bit more brutal songs for Bloodbath the next time.

I got inspired by working with the Coldworker album and the urge to write some complex, fast fucken brutal death came creeping back. (I have not always written TRL-Death Metal u know.. Infestdead and some of the early E.O.S. material is kind of brutal, isn´t it???)

Anyway. I just wanted to clarify that I was NOT trying to pussify Bloodbath and therefore got kicked out...where this rumour came from and how the guys (without asking) just decided that I was on a
different level musically..remains a mystery.
I wish the guys all the best and hope they ask nice if they can play my songs live for you guys :)

Dan Swanö

Dan's not pissed. He's always been an honest guy, but it sucks that he was fired the way he was.

Now Dan hopefully will do his own Crimson meets Moontower meets super heavy BB death metal project. He owns - and Bloodbath without Mike and Dan is simply not my thing. Besides, I've always said it before and I'll say it again: Dan is the BEST writer of the three.

You know, I think Anders and Jonas are better songwriters in general than Dan, but... his Bloodbath songs usually do it for me more than theirs do... this decision is odd, I'm not sure I see Bloodbath prospering with, essentially, a line up of 2 people.

I don't understand why they are so busy keeping Bloodbath alive anyway. It was fun for a few albums but it's not like they were doing anything earth shattering and I don't think they ever will. Considering the talent that has passed in and out of that group, I'd rather see them doing something new and more impressive than continuing to plagiarize late 80's/early 90's Swedish death metal.

CAIRATH said:
I don't understand why they are so busy keeping Bloodbath alive anyway. It was fun for a few albums but it's not like they were doing anything earth shattering and I don't think they ever will. Considering the talent that has passed in and out of that group, I'd rather see them doing something new and more impressive than continuing to plagiarize late 80's/early 90's Swedish death metal.

its becomign obvious that bloodbath will never get the time it needs to become a fulltime band..they should just do what they've done in the past....when free time arises record an album...play a couple festivals..then get back to their real deal bands.

You guys over rate BloodBath. Is it just because Mikael was involved with them you think they are so amazing?
They have some ok tunes but are a pretty average DM band imo.

Bullshit.you nut gobllers.BloodBath was the best death metal band cause they played old school death.

and Peters vocs>>>>>Mikes on BB.but now with Dan out of the band its pretty much over.:mad:

TheUnforgiven said:
Bullshit.you nut gobllers.BloodBath was the best death metal band cause they played old school death.

and Peters vocs>>>>>Mikes on BB.but now with Dan out of the band its pretty much over.:mad:

a lot of death metal acts play old school death...what is your point? that isnt criteria for a band suddenly being good.

NineFeetUnderground said:
a lot of death metal acts play old school death...what is your point? that isnt criteria for a band suddenly being good.

Im not saying that they were better than original old school bands (entombed, unleashed, carnage, etc)bands that they supposedly plagirise, but certanly are much better than any of the newer acts that try to play the same kind of sound, mainly because of the bands (former)members like Swano, Axenrot and Blakkheim, and their extensive knowledge of the genre.

maybe I could word/explain this better if I wasnt sloshed.

anyways in conclusion BLOODBATH owned. NMF will allways be in my top10.

saying bloodbath is the best old school swedish death metal impersonation band is like saying in flames is the best melodeath band: it doesn't matter because melodeath sucks

not sure what you mean by that.if your saying old school swedish metal sucks you fail at life.and if you are saying Jaster Race is not the best melodeth you fail also.

Its like saying Opeth is a rock band with grunting vocals.