Dan Swanö out of Bloodbath

is english not your first language or something?

I said old school swedish death metal impersonator bands suck, how much talent does it take to rip off dismember riffs

and the best melodeath album I've heard is schaliach - sonrise, in flames was decent

I'm not gonna lie to you, I enjoy Bloodbath. Every once in a while I listen to one of their records and it's all fun.
But really, I'm not gonna lose sleep over Swano's departure. Never really cared too much for that guy (or the Katatonia guys for that matter).

bloodbath is a fun band....by no means a must-listen..but..if you like Death Metal at all..there's no reason not to enjoy BB. Unless you're a twat.

TheUnforgiven said:
Im not saying that they were better than original old school bands (entombed, unleashed, carnage, etc)bands that they supposedly plagirise, but certanly are much better than any of the newer acts that try to play the same kind of sound, mainly because of the bands (former)members like Swano, Axenrot and Blakkheim, and their extensive knowledge of the genre.

maybe I could word/explain this better if I wasnt sloshed.

anyways in conclusion BLOODBATH owned. NMF will allways be in my top10.

well i think the fact that a bloodbath record could be in your top 10 "anything" other than a list of mediocre metal albums sure explains a lot here. so cheers.

OpethNZ said:
swano does like a million other things a year so its no biggie

also the reason for his downfall and the root of most of his shortcomings.

edit: its not a mystery how for decades...many bands whose members need "side projects" usually start going downhill. once members lose focus, the band will suffer obviously. dan swano is no exception to this rule imho.

Originally Posted by Dan Swanö
Hi guys

I am the sole writer of:
LIKE FIRE
CRY MY NAME
SO YOU DIE
THE SOULCOLLECTOR
BRAVE NEW HELL
THE ASCENSION
EATEN
STILLBORN SAVIOUR
and about 40-50% of the riffs in the songs on the minialbum.

In my opinion Dan clearly wrote the best songs. The Katatonia guys are going to regret this desicion. I have a feeling though that BB is dead forever.

I srill have to hear bloodbath.....adn SWANO.....!!!.......ive heard his name said here like millions of times....adn always in a good manner....adn I actually chekced out some of his stuff on Youtube...i think it was a live show...adn it was pretty mediocre.......and nothign new or progressive....jsut plain ol' rock n roll......!!!...........PEAC EOUT

biggsy said:
Steven Wilson is.

thats because steven wilson is exceptional and takes every project just as seriously as the others. not to mention his creativity seems to be a bottomless pit.

dan swano continues to just try and rip off marillion, or entombed over and over in a dozen different entities.

NineFeetUnderground said:
thats because steven wilson is exceptional and takes every project just as seriously as the others. not to mention his creativity seems to be a bottomless pit.

dan swano continues to just try and rip off marillion, or entombed over and over in a dozen different entities.

agreed...

HaloPhenomenon said:
well then you have not heard enough of steven :) or maybe a bit heavier music just suits you better

I like both but i don't like most of the stuff I've heard with Steven. It's weird and the music makes me loose the interest. A few songs are really good (Trains).

But most of it = not my thing.