Dan Swanö to host WBWC radio show!

Yeah I agree that power metal bands are pretty bad. I liked how Dan came in with his power metal voice then made the comment, it was funny.

So I could be wrong and I didn't notice it being announced, but was the last track from Second Sky? Because I don't recognize it...

If that is Second Sky, cool! I don't know what it is either, Mosquito.

My damn ISP decided to shut my account down just the day the show started, so thanks a lot Stilgar! You made my day :)

Great share man !! Thanks for recording it all !!

The last song is from Nightfall Overture new album: "Better Safe Than Sorry".

EDIT: It's great to know that Dan also enjoys Enchant !! I love that band...

Guthrum said:
Thank you so much for recording this!! I wasn't able to listen in. Much appreciated.
You're welcome. :)

Here's the tracklist for those interested. I hope I got everything right. If not, let me know.

01. Genesis - One for the Vine
02. Asia - Only Time Will Tell
03. Arena - Valley of the Kings
04. Arena - Welcome to the Cage
05. Dream Theater - Surrounded
06. John Elefante - Window of Heaven
07. Enchant - The Thirst
08. Enchant - Beautiful
09. Everon - Circles
10. Fish - Vigil
11. Gentle Giant - Knots
12. Foreigner - Blinded By Science
13. David Gillmore - Out of the Blue
14. How We Live - Dry Land
15. Journey - Still They Ride
16. Marillion - The Release
17. Sörskogen - Mordet i Grottan
18. The Wishing Tree - Evergreen
19. Kansas - All The World
20. Kansas - The Wall
21. Kansas - On the Other Side
22. Spocks Beard - Harms Way
23. Styx - Man in the Wilderness
24. UK - Rendez-vous 602
25. Yes - I Would Have Waited Forever
26. Rush - Marathon
27. John Wetton - Battle Lines
28. Genesis - Firth of Fifth
29. Marillion - A Collection
30. Nightingale - Better Safe Than Sorry

Ah, I haven't gotten my Nightfall Overture album yet, it's being shipped with the guitar from Dan, patiently waiting!!

Hi there,
I couldn't log in at UM for a few days now. good that it's working again.
I heard the show that morning and it was really fun.
The first two songs where amazing and the short Everon songs also. Most of the others also. Thanks for indtroducing me to such great music (again).
Some of the songs showed that they must have inspired you very heavy. I heard some Unicorn moments in f.E. Asia

Tack Mr Stilgar for recording this show. A very nice introduction to music which would take years to discover without such a broadcast.

Unicorn said:
Here's the link to the songlist with album information. :)
I'll shure buy a few of those..
http://www.wbwc.com/showPlaylist.asp?playlist=186
Cool. :)

Yeah. I bet you're not the only one. ;) I sure will as well.

It was fun to hear some old favorites of mine, like Fish and Dream Theater. Hear some really good songs from bands I've heard songs from before, but never knew they had that good songs that were played on the show (like Genesis and Foreigner). And hear some great songs from bands I've never heard of, like Enchant and The Wishing Tree. Sure makes me want to look up more about those bands. The only worry I have is that there were so many good songs, that it'll take me quite a while to find out more about them all. :loco:

*starts digging around in his CD collection trying to find "Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors"*

First of all thanx to Stilgar for sharing! You rule :)

Then, 1.000.000 thanx to Dan for introducing me to the mighty STYX. I only had to hear 5 secs of Man in the Wilderness to know this is _the_ shit. I love Kansas, and this remind me alot of their music. Then the vocals came on top of it, and I was fuckin floored with goosebumps on the size of Peter Norths work tool. Ordered The Grand Illusion first thing, cant wait to play it at 10 in my livingroom.

Great show, totally enjoyable!! Again thanx a million :)

Everytime I hear Dan do his power metal voice and make the comment on power metal, I just bust out laughing.