Dan's back...sort of. And no, not THAT Dan...

Probably not a surprise to most,

You're right, I'm not surprised. This band really needs to stop trash-talking former members in the media and just move on. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these songs still contain input from Nelson. They should have just given the guy song writing credits, and kept quiet about him.

No way he's going to get anywhere near what he's asking for though...if anything.

Does not surprise me, the guys in Anthrax talk shit about everyone, behind their backs of course. It was only a matter of time before someone either knocked out some teeth or filed a lawsuit. I'd say they are lucky that DN is going the legal route.

To be fair, it seemed like members of Anthrax have really tried to avoid talking about this guy. You can only avoid questioning for so long until you reach a breaking point. It seems like this Nelson character needs to seriously see a shrink.

To be fair, it seemed like members of Anthrax have really tried to avoid talking about this guy. You can only avoid questioning for so long until you reach a breaking point. It seems like this Nelson character needs to seriously see a shrink.

This is exactly right! Show me the so called numerous interviews where Anthrax was smack talking him. No way, they tried to avoid it. I know of only 1 interview, the recent one where they stated he was holding them to ransom by threatening to quit 3 times. I hope he does commit financial suicide by taking legal action. The band and management apparently documentented all the emails surrounding his departure that can be traced. I think they knew this was coming. :lol:

Nobody really knows the real deal about what happened. The only people that really know are Dan Nelson, and the rest of the band members. Everything else is just pure speculation.

Based on their history I wouldn't be surprised if some of what Dan Nelson is saying is true. I bet Joey, John, and Neil would all probably agree with some of what Dan Nelson has been saying about those guys.

This all still comes down to a really poor decision on Scott and Charlies part to bring in Dan Nelson instead of doing what they should have done and continued on with Joey and Dan Spitz right after the reunion. They tried to hire some unknown guy and pay him nothing and look what is happening now.

If Dan Nelson deserves credit for any of those songs he should get it. On the contrary if he didn't have any say in the writing of those songs he should go fuck off and be grateful he even gets any publicity at all from all of this.

Lyrics were changed here and there. We know Scott has always written the bulk of it so I don't know if Dan had anything to do with it musically, he doesn't play an instrument, please correct me if I'm wrong. Each singer was different and had different circumstances surrounding departure most likely so I don't think it would be the same story, all different characters. I agree though that he should never have been hired, ever. I also don't think Anthrax would be that low and not pay someone regardless of how well they are known.

Being an Anthrax fan, I really hope he wins this time.
And you guys honestly...if he sang on Worship Music, I think all of you would be kissing his ass now.

Being an Anthrax fan, I really hope he wins this time.
And you guys honestly...if he sang on Worship Music, I think all of you would be kissing his ass now.

Yeah, because we all obviously kissed Bush' ass when he was singing for Anthrax. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But, wait....

Most did not. I, for one, called it like I saw it (or heard it rather.) and stated that Bush sucked with Anthrax. If the vocals and music sound like shit, I am going to say so. I did it when Bush was with Anthrax and I would do the same for that troglodyte Nelson.

Everything I have heard from Anthrax with Nelson has been poor. He sounds (and acts!) like a really poor man's Phil Anselmo. It sucked.

Now, there is the chance, albeit a very small one, that he would have sounded good in a proper studio recording and, if thats the case, I would say so. Otherwise I am sure I would listen in disgust to the new album and then completely disregard it after that. Just like I did to the Bush era trash.

put things in perspective,steve adler got booted from the biggest rock band on the planet at the time,he got 2 million plus 10 percent of future royalties,i would say just as a sweetener they will settle for something closer to 50,000 just to keep it outta the courts.