Dan's back...sort of. And no, not THAT Dan...

Yeah, because we all obviously kissed Bush' ass when he was singing for Anthrax. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But, wait....

Most did not. I, for one, called it like I saw it (or heard it rather.) and stated that Bush sucked with Anthrax. If the vocals and music sound like shit, I am going to say so. I did it when Bush was with Anthrax and I would do the same for that troglodyte Nelson.

Everything I have heard from Anthrax with Nelson has been poor. He sounds (and acts!) like a really poor man's Phil Anselmo. It sucked.

Now, there is the chance, albeit a very small one, that he would have sounded good in a proper studio recording and, if thats the case, I would say so. Otherwise I am sure I would listen in disgust to the new album and then completely disregard it after that. Just like I did to the Bush era trash.

You called it as you your taste in Anthrax dictated, nothing more, nothing less. So what if it was shit to you, wasn't to me and a lot here. It really hate this whole "I call as as it is". I only agree with the Don Nelson part, but ya now, a few actually did like him.

You called it as you your taste in Anthrax dictated, nothing more, nothing less. So what if it was shit to you, wasn't to me and a lot here. It really hate this whole "I call as as it is". I only agree with the Don Nelson part, but ya now, a few actually did like him.

And thats fine. My statement was not an 'anti-Bush' statement as much as it was a 'call johnnieCzech on his bullshit' statement. He is apparently certain that Anthrax fans lack the ability to discern a vocalist they like vs. a vocalist they do not and he calls most Anthrax fans ass-kissers who will change their opinion about a vocalist simply because he is in Anthrax.

My statement was simply to point out that, in fact, johnnieCzech is an idiot and completely wrong in that assessment and past history and the lack of support for Bush has proven that.

And thats fine. My statement was not an 'anti-Bush' statement as much as it was a 'call johnnieCzech on his bullshit' statement. He is apparently certain that Anthrax fans lack the ability to discern a vocalist they like vs. a vocalist they do not and he calls most Anthrax fans ass-kissers who will change their opinion about a vocalist simply because he is in Anthrax.

My statement was simply to point out that, in fact, johnnieCzech is an idiot and completely wrong in that assessment and past history and the lack of support for Bush has proven that.

All good friend ;)

this law suit thing was always on the cards, nelson has been planning the revenge since last year and as soon as the album came out he was gonna make his move and he did, i dont know who is wrong or right but it will be interesting to see how this plays out, i agree with the point that they never should have hired him in the first place. maybe its this bands constant fucking around singers that is finally coming back to bite them in the ass. im pretty sure joey has his ass coverd with plenty of legal stuff this time around so what does that tell us???:yell:

Has there been any developments on this, anyone know? Or is it just that lawyers are doing their thing......and we'll probably never know how it pans out?

hope hes happy,whats the old saying,dont bite the hand that feeds...,i hope he didnt get much at all,im guessing 50 thousand max,not really worth losing your rep in the metal world for that much money,in saying that he did deserve to be paid something if he did in fact contribute...

Sometimes people are paid just to leave the other party alone. Maybe paying off Don Nelson was cheaper in the long run than paying an attorney for months and months.

No one in the band has been able to give any details about what really happened these past few years obviously because of the pending litigation, so now that it's settled they can spill the beans. Do you think we'll hear anything or will they continue to avoid it?

Sometimes people are paid just to leave the other party alone. Maybe paying off Don Nelson was cheaper in the long run than paying an attorney for months and months.

That's what I was thinking. Take it with a grain of salt, but the "article" did say that Charlie, Scott and Frank walked out the court room smiling.

No one in the band has been able to give any details about what really happened these past few years obviously because of the pending litigation, so now that it's settled they can spill the beans. Do you think we'll hear anything or will they continue to avoid it?

I bet that it's part of the settlement that they shall never speak of this again.