Dark Tranquillity put on an EXCELLENT show

ShadowLioness

\m/ \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Suburbs of Chicago
Visit site
I know that this is a few days late, but I just want to thank Dark Tranquillity for putting on an AMAZING show in Milwaukee and exceeding my expectations, which were already high. It was my first time seeing them and MAN was I glad that I did. I also got to meet Mikael before the show and he was EXTREMELY cool and I swear the HAPPIEST damn metal dude I have EVER met. Anyone else who went is more than welcome to post their reviews!!!

Shadow L...
I saw D.T in Cleveland last night. I'll be damned ifI don't agree w/you. Mikael was smiling so much, every time I saw him before, during AND after the show. We were up at the right part of the stage shooting pics for our mags and got to hang out there the whole time. We were amid members of Sentenced, Killswitch and In Flames during Dark T's set and when the other bands were each on, D.T. members were hanging out there with us, watching the show. Mik was grinning like a cheshire cat...I had even commented on it to my other photo friend. I think I freaked out Ville from Sentenced.:eek: :eek: :lol: All bands put on a great show and all were more polite than cool, that's cool in itself...we met a cool chick from Canada, she shot some too. Any Cleveland D.T., Sentenced or I.F. fans?

I was at the Cleveland show as well and it was great to see DT finally in the states. They didn't do the exact songlist I would have hoped for but it was an amazing show nonetheless. I think DT was welcomed more than any other band, and they should have been the headliner for the show. They should have at least been given the spot of Killswitch Engage and been given a bit more time.
I hope they see that they have a very dedicated fanbase here in the states, and I hope they return soon.

We were trying to get Mikael to admit that having Killswitch ahead of Dark Tranquillity was really fucking lame. He wouldn't say anything bad about them, but he did mention that they had been putting out albums for a number of years more... I had a good time heckling Killswitch from up near the front, however.

make it snappy, pappy...just joking, I understand you probably have to wait till you have time to give us your full low down on the show down. I can't wait to hear your views! Where were you standing?

Originally posted by Oaklain
I was at the Cleveland show as well and it was great to see DT finally in the states. They didn't do the exact songlist I would have hoped for but it was an amazing show nonetheless. I think DT was welcomed more than any other band, and they should have been the headliner for the show. They should have at least been given the spot of Killswitch Engage and been given a bit more time.
I hope they see that they have a very dedicated fanbase here in the states, and I hope they return soon.

Yeah...I heard nothing but positive comments about their performance. I assume that a lot of the people there weren't familiar with their music, either.

@Mariena: I might have seen you there...I faintly recall seeing a Steelers shirt. I should have thought more about it, considering that I'm from Pittsburgh.

I'm writing up the concert review tonight. I need set lists for D.T., Sentenced and Killswitch. ASAP I have In Flames set list given to me by their guitar tech. I'll type up their set list if anyone wants to see it.

:( :cry: BIG DISASTER...My pics are RUINED, along with all the negs. Luckily my friend Lisa shot kick-ass pics next to me. I'll see about her letting me post some!!
:cry: maybe next time...

Originally posted by Mariena
Shadow L...
I saw D.T in Cleveland last night. I'll be damned ifI don't agree w/you. Mikael was smiling so much, every time I saw him before, during AND after the show. We were up at the right part of the stage shooting pics for our mags and got to hang out there the whole time. We were amid members of Sentenced, Killswitch and In Flames during Dark T's set and when the other bands were each on, D.T. members were hanging out there with us, watching the show. Mik was grinning like a cheshire cat...I had even commented on it to my other photo friend. I think I freaked out Ville from Sentenced.:eek: :eek: :lol: All bands put on a great show and all were more polite than cool, that's cool in itself...we met a cool chick from Canada, she shot some too. Any Cleveland D.T., Sentenced or I.F. fans?

:lol: , Glad someone else saw that shit too!!