Dark Tranquillity

Silentjohan

Cornered within
Dec 2, 2001
Meganeura
turn.to
I've spent the entire morning listening to Dark Tranquillity. From Skydancer to the song "Monochromatic stains" and I just wanted to say: this is the best band in the world!

They've always walked their own paths, not caring what people said. They are one of the few bands that always has surprised me(positively) with every release! Okey...I was 8 years old when Skydancer was released so I didn't buy it then...but that's irrelevant.. I have it now and that's what matters.:)

sorry for creating a new thread for this but I just wanted to show my appreciation to the best band in the world!:headbang:

The first time I dicovered Dark Tranquillity was when my friend (Silentjohan) showed me a D.T cd and said: "This band kicks a lot of ass", and I thought "What the fuck, lets give it a try". And when I putted the cd in my freestyle I couldn't find any words, they were just awsome!!!! I think I looked somethng like this-------->:dopey:

Since then, they've always been one of my favorite band:)
What I love about them is that they do what they love to, and don't follows the "trends" out in the world. As Johan said: "They simply walkes their own way."

The D.T cd's will always have thier special place in the cd-collection:D

Wow, it`s great to see that also the youth of today appreciate Dark Tranquillity`s work of art through the years.

Yes, indeed, they are the best band in the world!

my friend put the CD skydancer in put it on Shadow Duet and i was hook...

Still today DT has been my fav band for 3 years now :D

I discovered Dark Tranquillity actually quite recently (1/2 year ago). I had heard couple of songs from haven at my friends place, and I was surprised how soft it was. I had heard of the band many years ago and thought it was more like InFlames and at the Gates. I borrowed "gallery" from the library and though it was harder than "haven" I thought it actually pretty disapointing (still do. couple of nice songs but poor album). But after that I borrowed haven from my friend and loved it. In a long time I had not heard songs that delighted me so much. Though the riffs are pretty simple, the music doesn't suffer. And the lack of solos is a great choise too. Beautiful music not depending just on speed and energy, but on feeling too.

yeah silentjohan
DT are the best band in the world,unique and emotional,hard and catchy,intelectual metal for the last free minds in this sad boring world
3 weeks!!!
I started to listen to death metal through in flames and read that DT were similiar to IF and bought the minds I and so they started to become my favorite band

Originally posted by Jobbo
. I borrowed "gallery" from the library and though it was harder than "haven" I thought it actually pretty disapointing (still do. couple of nice songs but poor album).

Damn you are lucky , you can take DT albums out from a libary...

Here it is impossible to even get a DT or any swedish metal/melodic band's CD , unless you order it...:eek:

I have all the albums now....

Thats why America is all brian washed b/c they practically hand out Main Stream shit music to anyone...

They should put DT's Albums in libary's would make alot of more open minded people in America :) Hell even put them in a Music Store for crying out loud!!

Originally posted by poet

Here it is impossible to even get a DT or any swedish metal/melodic band's CD , unless you order it...:eek:

Hell even put them in a Music Store for crying out loud!!

And I thought you could get all the cd's from all the bands:confused: , look how wrong I was!

It's sad to here such things!

I remember my fist time I heard the band. I was in a cdstore and saw the cover of "The Gallery". Sad to the owner of the store that I want to listen to it. The drumsolo in the beginning and Stanne's lyrics blew my away totally!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yes, they do indeed rule -- why else are we all here?

they need more attention though. They are criminally underrated!

Agree completely, and the "Shadow Duet" of Skydancer is something excellent. If I'm not mistaken, there're double vocals, Stanne/Friden? And the clean part sung by Friden is ... well, brilliant.

About clean vocals.... As for "Projectr", it's okay... Shocking @ the 1st sight, but listening to it again over and over, one discovers all the deepest shades of DARK TRANQUILLITY.

Originally posted by rahvin
i want to move to a place where they keep copies of dt albums in any local library. :cry:

rahvin. (hints to somone)

;)
uhmm...my vivid imagination is getting out of hand :lol:

~mel~ (smells the agapi)

Originally posted by rahvin
@daemontage: :err: welcome to this board. look, the word-limit for each post is much higher than two lines... you can write as much as you like in one reply alone. :)

rahvin.
Hardy Har Har! You just made me start my day with a laugh, thanks a bunch!

El Cid.