• To a Bitter Halt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Well, well. Last round Nether Novas was saved at the last moment by the kind people who voted for The Treason Wall, which was the first "finalist" to be kicked off from the Survivor. Let's see what happens next.

The rules are the same as always. Choose from the above list the one song you think isn't quite good enough to go to the next round - and provide us with your reasonings if you can. And no cheating.
A sidenote for the statistically inclined: The remaining songs are spread quite evenly among the first six full-length albums - there are 3 songs from Skydancer, 4 from The Gallery, 2 from The Mind's I, 4 from Projector, 3 from Haven and now 3 from Damage Done (The Treason Wall was the fourth). No songs from the EP's or demos survived to these final rounds.

-Villain

I've been voting for Hedon for a thousand rounds. I am inclined to think that TEA (heh) will be eliminated this time, and since I don't particularly care for it I'm not even doing some deep strategizing like voting for Nether Novas which will probably come in second. And I love Nether Novas.

I'm with Hyena on this one. I've been wanting to vote for Hedon every round but had to sacrifice my vote for another song's sake. This round is no different. Nether Novas must survive, so THROUGH EBONY ARCHWAYS must go!

i don't really mind if through ebony archways bites the dust: it's certainly better than nether novas, one of the most interesting and innovative songs dt ever recorded. but i'm not worried about strategy either, and i'll keep voting for not built to last until everyone else in the world agrees.

WTF!? Except for the votes on TEA, this far all votes are on the really good songs. :guh: I'm even more surprised to find that there are songs from DD still on the list. I vote for WN/BS.

KC: Hehe, have you even listen to the whole song? :D ;)
rahvin: Sure. Are you going to stop the tidal wave and turn back time too? Good luck. :heh:

I don't get what you people have against Hedon... but still, maybe a lot of you don't get what I have against Nether Novas, so...
well, Nether Novas, off you go!

My vote goes, once again, to At Loss for Words - it is the absolutely worst song on the list. Just for the sake of comparison, My Negation is a somewhat similar song but simply a zillion times better.

rahvin said:
nether novas, one of the most interesting and innovative songs dt ever recorded.
Have to agree with that 100%. Nether Novas is the best song from Projector, IMHO.

-Villain

i can't understand why some people vote for Hedon, WN/BS or Not Built To Last? ok it's your opinion but those are good songs! Hedon especially is really great i think.
i think i'll make a playlist of those songs and listen them all a couple of times. maybe i can change my mind on some songs (or get them better to know).

Well, I relistened to Nether Noves the other day, and I think I've changed my mind slightly. It's still far from being a favorite, but I'm definately sure that there's worse songs on that list. I think it was the part where Stanne sings "the strangers may they come in ignorance´s disguise" that did it. Just beautiful... So this time, I'm going with On Your Time.

Child of Time said:
KC: Hehe, have you even listen to the whole song? :D ;)
Yes, and no :p . It's been played in my presence over 50 times. I just end up not paying attention to the music and find something interesting to do for that song. If it came earlier in the album I might be more susceptible to it, but all in all I find it to be a lesser good DT track. Plus look at all the other tracks there. They're immense. Nether Novas is not immense, and just cos its innovative doesnt make it good either. I'll listen to it independently now and see if its more than I recall it being (Which Im sure its not).

EDIT: I take back what I said about it being just screwing around, But I don't take back the other stuff I said. Its an awesome track, I can see why many would love it, but I don't connect to it very well. There arn't many hooks and no particularly memorable riffs. The mellodies are on a grand scale, but so what? so are all other DT Mellodies. I still vote Nether Novas and peoples stratergy to save it is corrupting the validity of this exploration. Everyone voting for Through Ebony Archways like some kind of scheming clique should go headbutt a wall :p.

this post is senseless but it's demonstrative for my new signature. didn't know in which thread to put that and i didn't want to make a new one so i put it in the signature. i foudn it hilarious :D