Darkthrone

A Center In You

New Metal Member
Aug 14, 2002
Massachusetts.
I'm trying to decide on which Darkthrone album to buy next.
I bought both "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" and "Transilvanian Hunger" a while back, but I only liked "A Blaze."

What would you all recommend? "Plaguewielder" sounds good, judging from the excerpts I've heard, but I'm open to all suggestions.

I'd choose also a more recent album than the first ones you can anyhow find easily everywhere ...
I'd recomend 'Panzerfaust', 'cause 'PlagueWielder' is hell a good album, but a bit shorter than the other DT albums ...

I also recommend Under a funeral moon and Panzerfaust!
As for Transilvanian Hunger you're gonna like it very much! just keep listening to it! hehe

anyone of you know if these bands is real band or are invented by darkthrone on the sleeve of panzerfaust album?

i search on google and i find only humid but their web site don't open and there is another band called like this but they are a cover band?????:confused:

please i am sooooo curious.:rolleyes:

He is originally from Texas. Yes, Texas. The Dallas/Fort Worth area to be exact. I don't know if anyone knew this. I didn't and I still don't know if I believe it. Pretty fucking hilarious I thought.

Well I was told this by a friend, who interviewed him from a zine. But, if you look at the back of the ORIGINAL release of Soulside Journey, you will see someone named Hank. Last time I checked, Hank wasn't a Norwegian name. He was 16 and hated the US and decided to move to Norway, because that was his heritage, and he had family up there I believe.

Originally posted by Morningrise
He is originally from Texas. Yes, Texas. The Dallas/Fort Worth area to be exact. I don't know if anyone knew this. I didn't and I still don't know if I believe it. Pretty fucking hilarious I thought.

hehehe.... >:eek:)

Fenriz alias Gylve Nagell alias Hank Amarillo
"Gylve called himself Hank Amarillo on this release (Soulside
Journey), due to the fact that he didn't believe that anyone
could pronounce his name as it should be pronounced."

http://sharg.tripod.com/darkthr.html

Originally posted by Blackspirit
hehehe.... >:eek:)

Fenriz alias Gylve Nagell alias Hank Amarillo
"Gylve called himself Hank Amarillo on this release (Soulside
Journey), due to the fact that he didn't believe that anyone
could pronounce his name as it should be pronounced."

http://sharg.tripod.com/darkthr.html

yes, heard about that,
There are also a big bunch of rumors everywhere because of this nick, but well, Texas was sweet ehehe ...

There so many rumors about Frenriz, dont know what to belive. I also heard he was a communist nazi because it was evil, and that he ran around the mountains high on shrooms, because thats what the Vikings do and it was evil.

Originally posted by fenrisulven
he ran around the mountains high on shrooms, because thats what the Vikings do and it was evil.

Lol! This might as well be true! hehe... He wrote a small
piece in the latest Scream magazine about people being
cowards when it comes to walking in the woods up in the
mountains >:eek:)

"There's nothing embarrassing about smelling like a bog!"
"It is not embarrassing to have ice in your beard (esp not
for the women)!"
"It's not embarrassing to fall flat on your face in the dusk!"

....and so on >:eek:)