Darkthrone

I am a metal MIND from PERSIA....... hei gr8 Fenris ... i think he is the Devil's Own ... he is the true man of Nordic black metal but after Euronymous but he is great ,,, he is a true Viking ... Hail Fenriz you are a fist on the face of GOD...... with SATANIC HAILzzzz.....

- Which Darkthrone song is most important to him, and why?
- Which Darkthrone album is most important to him, and why?
- From what does he get his inspiration (when it comes to lyrics)?
- If he had become the Norwegian Prime Minister, which three things would he have done first?
- Is he really from USA?
- In his opinion,which Norwegian band is the most interesting/important nowadays?

Fenriz is actually a very funny man. I have had the opportunity of meeting him several times. He jokes a lot and yes he enjoys spreadimg rumors about himself. My opinions not objective but i am a die hard fan and i own every darkthrone realase including an original Land of frost demo. Aslo Hate them is great. But if you like Ablaze...then i would recomend plaugeweilder and Total Death. He is not from the U.S. yes his real name is Glyve Nagell and he put Hank on the CD for the reason stated. He dosent have a favorite song, or so he says. His inspiration comes from the forest (nature), hate, not so much satan as evil, and he has said a major inspiration is simply silence. I think if he became prime minister he would first ban christianity from norway forever. Dont know about his favorite nor. band currently.

Ask him his opinions on religon and on what he belives in.
His favorite reply is: I BELEIVE IN ERIC CARTMAN.
He watches South Park when he gets the chance it apperas.

Russell said:
:lol: I wasn't actually suggesting it :p The fact Fenriz works as a postman just amuses me :)

Even better is the fact that N. Culto is a school teacher. Also, Hate them is a leap backwards from plaugeweilder, not a logical step foreward at all. Panzerfaust vocals and Total death riffing certainly dosent seem like progression to me.

The new album has the working title of Sardonic Wrath. Fenriz has completed lyrics to 4 songs and 3 are completely done, music and all. It is described by Nocturno Culto as being "grim". He also said that they are experimenting with different things, but they will not sell-out. Sounds interesting.

Hmmmm, not really. You can basically describe every Darkthrone album as being "grim". I think they have lost their creative drive, as alot of the new stuff just sounds the same.

actually if you listen to Hate Them it sounds strikingly similar, drumming wise to AITNS. The guitars sound more thrasy now too. Granted, its nothing like their first 4 (BM) albums, but it still think theyve got creativity left in them.

Just bought the "Storm" album called Nordavind. Sounds a little different than the usual Darkthrone, but it is awesome. Has a great Norwegian folklore musical taste to it.

They played live around their demo days, and did shows up to 1992/1993 (I think). I also think they did one live show in 1996, but Fenriz hated it, and promised that Darkthrone never would play live again.