Darkthrone re-releases

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake, but are Darkthrone re-releasing their earlier catalog?

I was on cduniverse.com, and I noticed that you can pre-order:

- Transilvanian Hunger
- Under a Funeral Moon
- Blaze in the Northern Sky

all for $8.39 each. Each one is an enhanced/remastered Digipak.

These are pre-order prices for a release date of June 10th. Cheaper than eBay by the way.

What do you reckon - worth it or what?

JayKeeley said:
Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake, but are Darkthrone re-releasing their earlier catalog?

I was on cduniverse.com, and I noticed that you can pre-order:

- Transilvanian Hunger
- Under a Funeral Moon
- Blaze in the Northern Sky

all for $8.39 each. Each one is an enhanced/remastered Digipak.

These are pre-order prices for a release date of June 10th. Cheaper than eBay by the way.

What do you reckon - worth it or what?

Depends on what the enhancements are. I've got them all already except for Transilvanian Hunger, which I never really cared for anyway.
But I'll save all of that for our new Darkthrone thread.

Papa Josh said:
Depends on what the enhancements are. I've got them all already except for Transilvanian Hunger, which I never really cared for anyway.
But I'll save all of that for our new Darkthrone thread.

What didn't you like about Transilvanian out of curiosity? Did you read Erik's review? Any thoughts?

Try to get an original release of Transylvanian Hunger. I did.

It will have the "Aryan" statement on the back. The reissues are removing it, I think. Not that I support that kind of thing, but I like things to be original.

npearce said:
Try to get an original release of Transylvanian Hunger. I did.

It will have the "Aryan" statement on the back. The reissues are removing it, I think. Not that I support that kind of thing, but I like things to be original.

Yep that's the one I'd want. And I DEFINITELY don't support that garbage.