David Wayne is dead!!!!

Jul 14, 2002
Stratford, CT
Visit site
According to BW&BK sources, legendary former METAL CHURCH frontman DAVID WAYNE has been found dead by the door at his house in Seattle. Wayne was last heard of working on material with guitarist Davey Lee (ex-REVEREND) on a new project dubbed DAVID WAYNE'S METAL CHURCH. Wayne's gritty power metal vocals were made famous on Metal Church's first two albums: 19984's Metal Church and 1986's The Dark. Wayne rejoined the band for the 1999 comeback record Masterpeace, but left the band shortly after. BW&BK pass along heartfelt condolences to Wayne's family, friends and fans. May you rest in peace.

Holy crap! what is all of this about?

I thought you were referring to me at first (S + wayne)...

I was going to punch somebody.

Weak! I remember the first Metal Church album had a cover of Deep Purple's
"Highway Star"... when I was like 13 or so I thought that album was the shit!
Did anything say what the cause of death was?

As previously reported, original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne was found dead by the door at his house in Seattle yesterday. The following statement has been issued via Wayne's official website:

"On behalf of DAVID WAYNE'S METAL CHURCH, we would like to express our deepest sorrow in the passing of our metal brother, David Wayne. This is not only a loss for us as a band and his family, but also millions of metalheads throughout the world. David died due to complications from injuries he sustained in a head-on automobile accident several months ago.

David Wayne was the patented scratchy vocals of several METAL CHURCH albums and was in the process of returning to the metal scene with his new band lineup. His goal was to return to the sounds of Metal Church's albums released in 1984 and 1986. We will always remember the burning words and vocals in 'Gods Of Wrath', 'Watch The Children Pray', and 'Start The Fire'. David and his current band had just completed several new songs and were ready to head to the recording studio after their European tour dates this summer.

Along with David's family and friends, we would ask that cards, letters, and flowers be sent to the below address. Additionally, donations are being accepted to help David's family with funeral expenses."

David Wayne's Memorial Fund

c/o Verna Schielling

1217 North 57th Court

Ridgefield, WA 98642

Wayne was last heard of working on material with guitarist Davey Lee (ex-REVEREND) on a new project dubbed David Wayne's Metal Church. Wayne's gritty power metal vocals were made famous on Metal Church's first two albums: 19984's Metal Church and 1986's The Dark. Wayne rejoined the band for the 1999 comeback record Masterpeace, but left the band shortly after.

BW&BK pass along heartfelt condolences to Wayne's family and friends. Fans who wish to offer their condolences can do so here.

Was some injury not found or not treated properly?